The Student Room Group

Business studies tests, grades dropping

At the end of every test we have back so far this year my grades have dropped. I started with and A it then went to a C and now a E. My target grade is a C but I'm not to worried about the E because everyone in my year got a E apart from 6 people. Any advice on how to improve my exams?
Reply 1
If everyone in the Year got an E excluding 6 people then your school seriously needs to consider reviewing the lessons or the teacher. These 6 people may have taken the responsibility to cover the work themselves? :smile: I dont see how its possible for a whole year to get an E?
Reply 2
Original post by IXDESIGN
If everyone in the Year got an E excluding 6 people then your school seriously needs to consider reviewing the lessons or the teacher. These 6 people may have taken the responsibility to cover the work themselves? :smile: I dont see how its possible for a whole year to get an E?

Well it's true and our teacher has said to anyone with 2 or more grades has to come back and take the test again as well as 3 extra lessons so in other words 4 detentions for pretty much everyone. She wasn't in for like 6 lessons and then she practcally blamed us for not doing well.
Reply 3
Original post by Jazzy4949
At the end of every test we have back so far this year my grades have dropped. I started with and A it then went to a C and now a E. My target grade is a C but I'm not to worried about the E because everyone in my year got a E apart from 6 people. Any advice on how to improve my exams?

Oh dear that doesn't sound very good but if almost the whole year got an E then there must be a problem they need to sort out! I'd just suggest writing past papers and just revising bits of business every day or every alternate day.

I take business as well but we haven't had any tests so far. Are you in year 10 or 11 btw?

Good luck :smile:

Stop messing about and actually try then.
Reply 5
Original post by BhavyaB
Oh dear that doesn't sound very good but if almost the whole year got an E then there must be a problem they need to sort out! I'd just suggest writing past papers and just revising bits of business every day or every alternate day.

I take business as well but we haven't had any tests so far. Are you in year 10 or 11 btw?

Good luck :smile:

Thank and I'm in year 10 but I want to get a good Gcse grade and all the teachers keep going on about how we need to catch up or we will fall behind in our GCSEs so it's better to catch up now than later. What year are you in?
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 6
Thank and I'm in year 10 but I want to get a good Gcse grade and all the teachers keep going on about how we need to catch up or we will fall behind in our GCSEs so it's better to catch up now than later. What year are you in?

I'm in year 10 as well! :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest