Turn on thread page Beta

Business studies tests, grades dropping watch

ReputationRep:
    At the end of every test we have back so far this year my grades have dropped. I started with and A it then went to a C and now a E. My target grade is a C but I'm not to worried about the E because everyone in my year got a E apart from 6 people. Any advice on how to improve my exams?

ReputationRep:
    If everyone in the Year got an E excluding 6 people then your school seriously needs to consider reviewing the lessons or the teacher. These 6 people may have taken the responsibility to cover the work themselves? I dont see how its possible for a whole year to get an E?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by IXDESIGN)
    If everyone in the Year got an E excluding 6 people then your school seriously needs to consider reviewing the lessons or the teacher. These 6 people may have taken the responsibility to cover the work themselves? I dont see how its possible for a whole year to get an E?
    Well it's true and our teacher has said to anyone with 2 or more grades has to come back and take the test again as well as 3 extra lessons so in other words 4 detentions for pretty much everyone. She wasn't in for like 6 lessons and then she practcally blamed us for not doing well.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jazzy4949)
    At the end of every test we have back so far this year my grades have dropped. I started with and A it then went to a C and now a E. My target grade is a C but I'm not to worried about the E because everyone in my year got a E apart from 6 people. Any advice on how to improve my exams?
    Oh dear that doesn't sound very good but if almost the whole year got an E then there must be a problem they need to sort out! I'd just suggest writing past papers and just revising bits of business every day or every alternate day.

I take business as well but we haven't had any tests so far. Are you in year 10 or 11 btw?

Good luck

ReputationRep:

Stop messing about and actually try then.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BhavyaB)
    Oh dear that doesn't sound very good but if almost the whole year got an E then there must be a problem they need to sort out! I'd just suggest writing past papers and just revising bits of business every day or every alternate day.

I take business as well but we haven't had any tests so far. Are you in year 10 or 11 btw?

Good luck
    Thank and I'm in year 10 but I want to get a good Gcse grade and all the teachers keep going on about how we need to catch up or we will fall behind in our GCSEs so it's better to catch up now than later. What year are you in?

ReputationRep:
    Thank and I'm in year 10 but I want to get a good Gcse grade and all the teachers keep going on about how we need to catch up or we will fall behind in our GCSEs so it's better to catch up now than later. What year are you in?
    I'm in year 10 as well!

Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?
Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.