Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

WHICH ONE IS EASIER:Geography OR History Watch

ReputationRep:
    Geography is probably easier but History is WAAAAAAY more interesting

ReputationRep:
    I've taken and liked both subjects
    Geography is far easier if you just learn the case studies.
    History you have to learn and perfect your essay skills.

If you can't take both I'd take geography

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by my_name_)
    I do both history and geography and I personally find history more difficult as there is a lot of content. Also there is a lot of writing and if u don't like English then never pick history.

Geography is quite easy and interesting but then again a lot of case studies to remember. The coursework for history is basically source analysis but it is quite difficult compared with geography coursework.
    Hello, very good advice but I just wanted to point out that OP can/should still take history even if they don't like English My projected grade for English was a 7 (A) but I dislike it so much that I didn't do any practice for it and just wanted to get a 4 (low C) to get it over and done with. At the same time, history is one of my favourite subjects and my projected grade is an A*. So even though I really struggled with English and hated it, I loved history and found it really easy (with revision of course). Good luck deciding OP!

ReputationRep:
    History is harder. I chose history and is my biggest regret lmao.
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Welcome Squad
    Recently due to the changes in the specification, Geography and History have become almost the same but Geography has the upper hand because there are less case studies to remember and most of the stuff that has to be learnt is content. History on the other hand has loads of content and you need to write concisely with accuracy to get the marks.

Choose the subject you enjoy the most because that is the most important thing. Also, make sure you know the teachers who teach the subject. You will be surprised how much of a difference having a well qualified teacher makes on your learning.

ReputationRep:
    Personally I remember wanting to do history as a GCSE, but since our teacher retired and we got a new teacher, he really put me off history. So I picked Geography, at first I hated it but I then I guess I loved it, because I understood things when I revised. Personally I guess it depends on which one you like, I always knew me and geography had a love and hate relationship, but in my opinion Geography.

ReputationRep:
    Geography is just colouring in

ReputationRep:
    Riverbeds or Hitler pick your poison

ReputationRep:
    I found History easier and far more interesting.
    edit: If you meant at A-level, which in hindsight makes more sense, well, I dunno. I only did History AS. There was a lot to remember, other than that pretty doable.

ReputationRep:
    depends on the person. whatever u like you'll find easier. also whichever subject u can get help easily if u need it. like from a parent friend or teacher. also depending how enthusiastic and good u find the teachers.
    it also depends on what u like better in exams; long essays (history) or shorter questions but more of them (geography)?...
    good luck though. remember it's down to each person's preferences and not what ur friends r doing. have a look at the syllabus for more info. that'll tell u what you'll learn and how you examined.
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.