Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi!
    Has anybody done the Greenwich english and maths test for Nursing?
    If so, was it easy or hard?
    How many questions were there?
    Are calculators allowed for the maths?
    & How many do you need on each to pass them to move up to interview..?
    (Please reply I have mine on the 19th March 9.00am)
    Thank you!

ReputationRep:
    Pleaaase someone replyy

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by _aylinyilmazx)
    Hi!
    Has anybody done the Greenwich english and maths test for Nursing?
    If so, was it easy or hard?
    How many questions were there?
    Are calculators allowed for the maths?
    & How many do you need on each to pass them to move up to interview..?
    (Please reply I have mine on the 19th March 9.00am)
    Thank you!
    Hi!
    I recently completed the test and passed. Its not very difficult, there are 25 maths questions to be completed in half an hour. Don't spend too long on a question! The questions are mainly long multiplication, addition, percentages and fractions. This sample test from Tesside University is quite helpful so try it out. (I posted it below)

1. 949 + 786 = 2. 71 – 58 = 3. 16.66 – 7.87 = 4. 4.78+ 5.84 = 5. 7 ¼ - 3¾ = 6. 479 x 9 = 7. 126 sweets are shared equally among 7children. How many sweets does eachchild receive? 8. An 83 cm piece is cut from a length of ribbonmeasuring 1.3 metres. What length isleft? 9. What is the total cost of 8 loaves of bread at£1.38 each? 10. Janedrinks 85ml of juice out of a half a litre carton. How much juice is left? 11. Whatis the total weight of 3 parcels weighing respectively 2.3kg, 750 grams and 3 ¼kg? 12. 1km=1,000 metres. How many metres arethere in 2.5 km? 13. 1gram(g) = 1,000 milligrams (mg). Convert 325 mg to grams. 14. 30%of a group of 80 children wear black socks. How many wear black socks? 15. Twothirds of a group of 72 children have brown hair. How many children have brownhair? Please turn over for answers to sample questions
    Answers to Sample Numeracy Test
    1. 949 + 786 = 1735
    1. 71 – 58 = 13
    1. 16.66 – 7.87 = 8.79
    1. 4.78 + 5.84 = 10.62
    1. 7 ¼ - 3 ¾ =
    1. 479 x 9 = 4311
    1. 126 sweets are shared equally among 7 children. How many sweets does each child receive? 18
    1. An 83cm piece is cut from a length of ribbon measuring 1.3 metres. What length is left? 47cm
    1. What is the total cost of 8 loaves of bread at £1.38 each? £11.04
    1. Jane drinks 85ml of juice out of a half a litre carton. How much juice is left? 415 ml
    1. What is the total weight of 3 parcels weighing respectively 2.3kg, 750 grams and 3 ¼ kg? 6.3 kg
    1. 1 km=1,000 metres. How many metres are there in 2.5 km? 2500 metres
    1. 1gram (g) = 1,000 milligrams (mg). Convert 325 mg to grams. 0.325 g
    1. 30% of a group of 80 children wear black socks. How many wear black socks? 24 children
    1. Two thirds of a group of 72 children have brown hair. How many children have brown hair? 48 children

Also try the maths sample test from here http://www.lsbu.ac.uk/courses/underg...e-registration (its another university). Dont worry too much if youre not good at maths, just revise addition, multiplication, percentages and fractions on BBC bitesize GCSE. You need 18/25 to pass, or you did when I had to sit the test. You cant use a calculator! The English test is an essay, 200-300 words in half an hour, its a question about the qualities gained from your experience caring for others. Pass mark is 3/5, probably based on your grammar, punctuation etc. Its quite relaxed compared to other tests so I wouldnt worry too much! They give a presentation about bursaries, placements and course structure before you begin, which is helpful. Also where is your test, the Avery Hill campus of the Medway Campus? And which branch of nursing are you applying for?

ReputationRep:
    I did the tests for Greenwich at their Medway Campus. The maths was simple, no calculator needed. Mostly addition, subtraction, decimals and fractions. I don't know what the pass mark was, but I think there were only 10 or so questions. The English was a short essay question - they're looking for spelling, grammar and handwriting.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by terri0330)
    I did the tests for Greenwich at their Medway Campus. The maths was simple, no calculator needed. Mostly addition, subtraction, decimals and fractions. I don't know what the pass mark was, but I think there were only 10 or so questions. The English was a short essay question - they're looking for spelling, grammar and handwriting.
    Omg thank youu
    So You're suggesting I should revise addition & subtraction.. Decimals & % & fractions and conversions etc?
    Are they easy Q's for math? and like 10 Q's..? (I'm worried about maths not english) thank you

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by terri0330)
    Also do you get like a b c d etc answers to choose from for the Q's? Was it easy for math?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by count_drac)
    Hi!
    I recently completed the test and passed. Its not very difficult, there are 25 maths questions to be completed in half an hour. Don't spend too long on a question! The questions are mainly long multiplication, addition, percentages and fractions. This sample test from Tesside University is quite helpful so try it out. (I posted it below)

1. 949 + 786 = 2. 71 – 58 = 3. 16.66 – 7.87 = 4. 4.78+ 5.84 = 5. 7 ¼ - 3¾ = 6. 479 x 9 = 7. 126 sweets are shared equally among 7children. How many sweets does eachchild receive? 8. An 83 cm piece is cut from a length of ribbonmeasuring 1.3 metres. What length isleft? 9. What is the total cost of 8 loaves of bread at£1.38 each? 10. Janedrinks 85ml of juice out of a half a litre carton. How much juice is left? 11. Whatis the total weight of 3 parcels weighing respectively 2.3kg, 750 grams and 3 ¼kg? 12. 1km=1,000 metres. How many metres arethere in 2.5 km? 13. 1gram(g) = 1,000 milligrams (mg). Convert 325 mg to grams. 14. 30%of a group of 80 children wear black socks. How many wear black socks? 15. Twothirds of a group of 72 children have brown hair. How many children have brownhair? Please turn over for answers to sample questions
    Answers to Sample Numeracy Test
    1. 949 + 786 = 1735
    1. 71 – 58 = 13
    1. 16.66 – 7.87 = 8.79
    1. 4.78 + 5.84 = 10.62
    1. 7 ¼ - 3 ¾ =
    1. 479 x 9 = 4311
    1. 126 sweets are shared equally among 7 children. How many sweets does each child receive? 18
    1. An 83cm piece is cut from a length of ribbon measuring 1.3 metres. What length is left? 47cm
    1. What is the total cost of 8 loaves of bread at £1.38 each? £11.04
    1. Jane drinks 85ml of juice out of a half a litre carton. How much juice is left? 415 ml
    1. What is the total weight of 3 parcels weighing respectively 2.3kg, 750 grams and 3 ¼ kg? 6.3 kg
    1. 1 km=1,000 metres. How many metres are there in 2.5 km? 2500 metres
    1. 1gram (g) = 1,000 milligrams (mg). Convert 325 mg to grams. 0.325 g
    1. 30% of a group of 80 children wear black socks. How many wear black socks? 24 children
    1. Two thirds of a group of 72 children have brown hair. How many children have brown hair? 48 children

Also try the maths sample test from here http://www.lsbu.ac.uk/courses/underg...e-registration (its another university). Dont worry too much if youre not good at maths, just revise addition, multiplication, percentages and fractions on BBC bitesize GCSE. You need 18/25 to pass, or you did when I had to sit the test. You cant use a calculator! The English test is an essay, 200-300 words in half an hour, its a question about the qualities gained from your experience caring for others. Pass mark is 3/5, probably based on your grammar, punctuation etc. Its quite relaxed compared to other tests so I wouldnt worry too much! They give a presentation about bursaries, placements and course structure before you begin, which is helpful. Also where is your test, the Avery Hill campus of the Medway Campus? And which branch of nursing are you applying for?

Heyy! Thank youu
    I have a questionn.. Are they word math questions or simple and straight to the point..? Cause london south bank maths q's were too hard and long and so wordy lol i ended up failing..
    & how long after the test day do they take to tell you if youve passed or not?
    (P.s. Mine is at Avery Hill Campus Room M002. Ground Floor. Mansion Site/Building. Bexley Road. Eltham. London)
    So nervous don't wanna fail again..it was a horrible feelingg.. yeah
    Thanks!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Some of them are wordy. Nothing too complex, pretty straightforward. For example one question was about plane tickets and the cost for two adults and two children. Just make sure you read the question because sometimes they might be asking for something that's not so obvious. Oh don't worry about failing South bank! You'll get into another university! For me they sent me an email a day later saying I had passed and they were arranging interviews. I got another email about an interview at the end of the week for an interview at the end of February. So not long at all, Greenwich is good at replying quickly! I had my test at Avery Hill too, Southwood site!

You should be fine I would advise you to read questions carefully and use your time wisely. South bank had ten maths questions although you didn't pass did you find it hard to answer them in half an hour? I'm asking because Greenwich had 25questions in half an hour which is a lot more. So practise using your time wisely!! It may differ for your test, so you may end up getting less questions! But just in case!

Have you applied anywhere else apart from South Bank?

ReputationRep:
    Some of them are wordy. Nothing too complex, pretty straightforward. For example one question was about plane tickets and the cost for two adults and two children. Just make sure you read the question because sometimes they might be asking for something that's not so obvious. Oh don't worry about failing South bank! You'll get into another university! For me they sent me an email a day later saying I had passed and they were arranging interviews. I got another email about an interview at the end of the week for an interview at the end of February. So not long at all, Greenwich is good at replying quickly! I had my test at Avery Hill too, Southwood site!

You should be fine I would advise you to read questions carefully and use your time wisely. South bank had ten maths questions although you didn't pass did you find it hard to answer them in half an hour? I'm asking because Greenwich had 25questions in half an hour which is a lot more. So practise using your time wisely!! It may differ for your test, so you may end up getting less questions! But just in case!

Have you applied anywhere else apart from South Bank?
    Yeahh unfortunately
    & yeah i've applied to:
    Middlesex University (their test was easy I'm waiting for a reply)
    Greenwich
    Kingston
    Hertfordshire

(London south banks withdrawn now) It's them 4 left

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Well if you found Middlesex test easy I don't think you'll find Greenwich that hard! When did you have the test for Middlesex? I had mine on the 6th of February and I had my interview on the 3rd of March! They took about three weeks to reply! Where do you wanna go? As in your first choice? Mine is Middlesex! 😊 hopefully!

ReputationRep:
    Well if you found Middlesex test easy I don't think you'll find Greenwich that hard! When did you have the test for Middlesex? I had mine on the 6th of February and I had my interview on the 3rd of March! They took about three weeks to reply! Where do you wanna go? As in your first choice? Mine is Middlesex! 😊 hopefully!
    Yeah mine is Kingston first then middlesex then Greenwich

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I did my test for Greenwich last year and it is soooo easy.

You just need to go over your basic maths such as multiplication, division, add, subtract etc

No calculators are permitted.

Good luck

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    For the English test, they just give you one question to answer.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Heyy I have my test on the 10th of March- hopefully it goes well!

Iv applied to Middlesex too and I have received an offer from them!

I just wanted to know what sort of questions come up in both the English and Maths test?

Thanks! xx

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bhavika437)
    Heyy I have my test on the 10th of March- hopefully it goes well!

Iv applied to Middlesex too and I have received an offer from them!

I just wanted to know what sort of questions come up in both the English and Maths test?

Thanks! xx
    Heya I havent done the greenwich test yet mines on the 19th
    Middlesex ive done just the test waiting for reply / interview

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Heyy oh ok well GOODLUCK with both the universities!!

And which universities are you considering?

Middlesex university interview is so relaxing so don't worry about it too much.

ReputationRep:
    Hi there, is anyone applying for Greenwich nursing course for the march 2018 intake???

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bronzemembership)
    Hi there, is anyone applying for Greenwich nursing course for the march 2018 intake???
    I am! I have my assessment day tomorrow!
    Have you had yours yet?

ReputationRep:
    Hi all Does anyone have a sample midwifery maths test from Greenwich uni I could practice with please. If not what should I be concentrating on. Thank you 😘

ReputationRep:
    For the maths. Adding subtracting division multiplication percentage and fractions. There were a few decimal multiplications. And what’s cheaper a dress with 1/4 off or 30% off that sort of thing. z

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: December 15, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.