Turn on thread page Beta

What do you think of the boys name ''MARK'' ? (that's my name but don't like it much watch

ReputationRep:
    I am 24 and my name is Mark

I don't really like my name much and have not like it for a while now. whenever I am out and somebody shouts my name or if I'm with somebody and they say my name it makes me cringe sometimes.
    I think I'd have liked the name Adam or Matthew more

what do you think of the name ''MARK'' for a boy ?

TY

ReputationRep:
    What your name is doesn't really matter, its what you make it represent. What kind of personality you have, what you look like, your little perks, your characteristics etc THOSE things give meaning to your name. Those things is what people think of when they hear "Mark". Nobody thinks "Oh Mark, it begins with M, it sounds cringe etc". For example when I hear "Emily", I think a sweet cute girl who is always smiling and laughing and jumping about. You determine what your name represents and how likeable it is with what kind of person YOU are.

ReputationRep:
    Its just an average every day name. It's nothing special but isn't cringe worthy either.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I wouldn't worry about your name. I don't have any strong opinions on the name. A few of my customers at work are called Mark and I don't think much of it. Just like the other customers names (or my own name), I just refer to them by name without overthinking. I'm sure many others don't really pay attention to the name and at the end of the day it wasn't your choice or their choice what you are called.

ReputationRep:
    It is okay, i like how its spelt with a 'c' at the end so its Marc rather than Mark.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 25, 2016
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • create my feed
  • edit my feed

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.