Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Blondie987)
    I have a cold, I know it's minor but it has floored me
    Have you used First Defense? You can get it from Boots/Wilkos and other chemists. Before you get a full blown clod use this and it stops it from spreading.
    My throat was sore on Friday and I knew it would turn into a cold and just used this 3 times a day for 2 days and it stopped it developing into a full cold which is great.
    Costs £7.00 though but worth it. So no more getting floored by the cold and missing school blondie.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chikane)
    Have you used First Defense? You can get it from Boots/Wilkos and other chemists. Before you get a full blown clod use this and it stops it from spreading.
    My throat was sore on Friday and I knew it would turn into a cold and just used this 3 times a day for 2 days and it stopped it developing into a full cold which is great.
    Costs £7.00 though but worth it. So no more getting floored by the cold and missing school blondie.
    Thanks! I'll actually give that a go, i have been shaking all day but I only missed one class today anyway, I'm probably being a bit of a drama queen lol

Still ill, still answering questions
    Would you rather have all the ice cream in the world or all the *insert favourite savoury food here* in the world...?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by homeland.lsw)
    Would you rather have all the ice cream in the world or all the *insert favourite savoury food here* in the world...?
    I can only have vegan ice cream which isn't great lol so if probably got for all the potatoes in the world as long as I could cook them different ways

I can only have vegan ice cream which isn't great lol so if probably got for all the potatoes in the world as long as I could cook them different ways
    What's it like being vegan? Honestly I would want to be vegan but I wouldn't able to part with dairy
    Maybe just a pescatarian then? Mainly because I love fish too much to give it up...

Also don't Ben and Jerrys have new vegan ice cream? And can't you eat sorbet?

ReputationRep:
    What's it like being vegan? Honestly I would want to be vegan but I wouldn't able to part with dairy
    Maybe just a pescatarian then? Mainly because I love fish too much to give it up...

Also don't Ben and Jerrys have new vegan ice cream? And can't you eat sorbet?
    It's not as difficult as I thought it would be actually, there are loads of things that are accidentally vegan and it's encouraging me to make my own meals from scratch, I do miss dairy a bit though tbh, I think it's mainly chocolate that I miss, still trying to find a good tasting vegan substitute it's entirely up to you, I would recommend researching a change in your diet before actually doing it as it is a big step and you need to make sure you're still being healthy but I have heard that a pescetarian diet can be very healthy

I'll have to look into that! And yes we can have sorbet so it's not all bad lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The Diplomat.)
    Whats ur K/D?
    lmaooooo :rofl:

Hope you feel better soon, OP.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fiduciam)
    lmaooooo :rofl:

Hope you feel better soon, OP.
    Thank you!

It's not as difficult as I thought it would be actually, there are loads of things that are accidentally vegan and it's encouraging me to make my own meals from scratch, I do miss dairy a bit though tbh, I think it's mainly chocolate that I miss, still trying to find a good tasting vegan substitute it's entirely up to you, I would recommend researching a change in your diet before actually doing it as it is a big step and you need to make sure you're still being healthy but I have heard that a pe secretariat diet can be very healthy

I'll have to look into that! And yes we can have sorbet so it's not all bad lol
    The thing at home, I eat a lot of traditional Bulgarian food, and a main part of the Bulgarian diet is dairy. I eat cheese and yogurt at almost every meal so I don't think I could give it up. Especially since there aren't many good vegan substitutes from what I have heard.
    Also what made you become vegan?

ReputationRep:
    The thing at home, I eat a lot of traditional Bulgarian food, and a main part of the Bulgarian diet is dairy. I eat cheese and yogurt at almost every meal so I don't think I could give it up. Especially since there aren't many good vegan substitutes from what I have heard.
    Also what made you become vegan?
    Fair enough , I definitely understand where you're coming from, my main reason was moral as I was already vegetarian so I decided to take the next step and go vegan for me, it's not even necessarily the fact that animals are killed it's that they're treated badly also there's the health aspect which is also beneficial for me

Fair enough , I definitely understand where you're coming from, my main reason was moral as I was already vegetarian so I decided to take the next step and go vegan for me, it's not even necessarily the fact that animals are killed it's that they're treated badly also there's the health aspect which is also beneficial for me
    Well, good for you! Definitely I want to start changing my diet. I guess the best way is to go slowly and gradually. I don't think I would be able to go completely cold turkey!
    Mmmmmm turkey...

ReputationRep:
    are you illmatic?

ReputationRep:
    Well, good for you! Definitely I want to start changing my diet. I guess the best way is to go slowly and gradually. I don't think I would be able to go completely cold turkey!
    Mmmmmm turkey...
    Thank you! I'm very new to it anyway but if you have any questions!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sleepysnooze)
    are you illmatic?
    No I'm Rasing Hell

ReputationRep:
    Thanks! I'll actually give that a go, i have been shaking all day but I only missed one class today anyway, I'm probably being a bit of a drama queen lol
    You should! i hate colds i wouldn't bother attempting to go in just for one lesson.
    Hmmm another question what type of women do you like blondie? :cool:

ReputationRep:
    You should! i hate colds i wouldn't bother attempting to go in just for one lesson.
    Hmmm another question what type of women do you like blondie? :cool:
    They are awful I will have a look for that next time I'm out though

I don't have a type tbh and I really need to get to know someone before I fancy them, main things I would look for though are humour, kindness and strong opinions

ReputationRep:
    They are awful I will have a look for that next time I'm out though

I don't have a type tbh and I really need to get to know someone before I fancy them, main things I would look for though are humour, kindness and strong opinions
    What about dimples?

ReputationRep:
    What about dimples?
    Dimples are adorable

ReputationRep:
    Dimples are adorable
    I have dimples :ahee:

ReputationRep:
    I have dimples :ahee:

:woo:Jealous!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Have you ever participated in a Secret Santa?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.