ineedlotsofhelp
Badges: 1
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
Right, I need to chose three A Levels.
I have no idea what career path I want or what course I want to take for university.
History is a definite.
Then I want to choose from Business, Media, Psychology and Maths.
Business will help me get into a job in marketing which is the only realistic job that I have really considered but meh...
Media is something I love doing but don't know if it is a pointless choice.
Psychology sounds really interesting but I don't know if I want a career in it.
Maths will obviously look good on a CV, but I cannot stress enough how hard I find it.
WHAT DO I DO!!!!! Please help thanks!
username2088165
Badges: 20
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 5 years ago
By the sound of it, you would probably be best off taking either

History, business and media
History, business and psychology
History, media and psychology

History is a good choice because it's a facilitating subject, so it opens up lots of potential degree pathways and universities like it. Business would also be helpful since you are considering a degree/career in marketing. If psychology seems interesting, then it's worth considering. Media also sounds like a good choice for you, as if you are passionate about a subject, you are likely to do well in it.

I'd advise against taking maths for A Level, because realistically, if you don't like it and already find it difficult at GCSE, it's unlikely that you'll suddenly develop an aptitude/enjoyment for it at A Level.

Would it be possible for you to take all of them (i.e. history, business, media and psychology), and then drop the one you are finding hardest/dislike most?
hoafanuk
Badges: 13
Rep:
Report 5 years ago
I'd agree, if you find maths hard now A-Level will be no fun at all!

I think I'd do business, psychology and history in your case
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How would you describe the quality of the digital skills you're taught at school?

Excellent (28)
9.62%
Okay (86)
29.55%
A bit lacking (105)
36.08%
Not good at all (72)
24.74%

Watched Threads