Has anyone found out about their LSE accomodation? Watch

This discussion is closed.
ckwan16
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 14 years ago
Not sure if I am jumping the gun or anything like that, but I was wondering if anyone already heard from LSE about where they are going to be staying.
olddeblasio
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Not a bean!
TheWolf
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by ckwan16)
Not sure if I am jumping the gun or anything like that, but I was wondering if anyone already heard from LSE about where they are going to be staying.
which ones did you guys apply for? i went to high holbourn or something, it was pretty cool
ckwan16
Rep:
?
(Original post by TheWolf)
which ones did you guys apply for? i went to high holbourn or something, it was pretty cool
Rosebery
Bankside
High Holborn
Leeroy
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
nope heard nothing - applied for carr saunders and rosebery
olddeblasio
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
I applied to Passfield and Carr Saunders
MuvverRussia
Report 14 years ago
You won't hear for a few more weeks yet- at least that's how they did it last year. Also the accommodation thing is a bit of a lottery, although you'll probably get one of the 3 that you chose.
claire1985
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by MuvverRussia)
You won't hear for a few more weeks yet- at least that's how they did it last year. Also the accommodation thing is a bit of a lottery, although you'll probably get one of the 3 that you chose.
I haven't heard about accomodation, but I have had my forms for the IT network and Student Photocard through! Do they think I have an unconditional or something, I haven't even finished my exams yet!
yan2004
Report 14 years ago
i think they said that we'd hear sometime in july. says on their website and on the letter with the forms for the IT network and Student Photocard. ive got three more to go next week
MuvverRussia
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by claire1985)
I haven't heard about accomodation, but I have had my forms for the IT network and Student Photocard through! Do they think I have an unconditional or something, I haven't even finished my exams yet!
Hell no. They always send them out early, just so they can sort stuff out before the mad rush in August.
ankurjain
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by feedtheflamingo)
I applied to Passfield and Carr Saunders

Wasn't PAssfield supposed to be closed for renovation this session???

I applied to Bankside, Great Dover and Rosebery.
Yeah, i applied to a UCL hall as well. I guess it was International hall or something.

Ankur
MuvverRussia
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by ankurjain)
Wasn't PAssfield supposed to be closed for renovation this session???

I applied to Bankside, Great Dover and Rosebery.
Yeah, i applied to a UCL hall as well. I guess it was International hall or something.

Ankur
Passfield's meant to have been closed for at least the past 3 or 4 years, but LSE needs the accommodation so they keep it open. It's not that bad though.

BTW- you didn't apply to a UCL hall (in fact LSE students can't apply to UCL halls). You applied to a UoL intercollegiate hall- there's a big difference (UoL halls have people from loads of different colleges in them).
ankurjain
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by MuvverRussia)
Passfield's meant to have been closed for at least the past 3 or 4 years, but LSE needs the accommodation so they keep it open. It's not that bad though.

BTW- you didn't apply to a UCL hall (in fact LSE students can't apply to UCL halls). You applied to a UoL intercollegiate hall- there's a big difference (UoL halls have people from loads of different colleges in them).
Oops..my mistake. Yeah I applied to the university of London Intercollegiate halls and not UCL halls. Got mixed up with the acronym.
But the fact remains, I haven't heard nething from the accomodation office.

Ankur
jenny123
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
I applied to 1. High Holborn 2. Rosebery 3. Carr-Saunders

Fingers crossed for a single room at High Holborn!

Haven't heard from the accommodation office yet.
currency_westlake
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by ckwan16)
Not sure if I am jumping the gun or anything
You are.....

The response from LSE says you'll hear at some point in August (if I remember correctly....not sure if it's before or after results).
ckwan16
Rep:
?
(Original post by tomhitchings)
You are.....

The response from LSE says you'll hear at some point in August (if I remember correctly....not sure if it's before or after results).
The e-mail that i received from them after I submitted my housing application form said to check up by the end of June, but then other things on the website give other dates.

yeah...that sucks, cause I need to know so I can send my visa application. Would like to get it over with.
MuvverRussia
Report 14 years ago
You are.....

Strange, last year it was towards the early middle of July (like around the 11th)- it was definitely before results.
OZPomeLankan
Report 14 years ago
Ah yes. The suspense is killing me too. Like "ckwan16", I also need a UK residential address to get my entry clearance paperwork completed in Australia. Although technically I can turn up at Heathrow with all the paperwork and get my Visa, it is nice to know whether & where I been offered a place . I applied to Rosebery, Carr-Saunders and High Holborn in that order.

Also, at the risk of digressing a little from this thread, if I was offered a place at Rosebery or Car Saunders, is taking a bus to LSE a viable option on occasions? (given the traffic situation in London! )
MuvverRussia
Report 14 years ago
From Rosebery it is. You can take the 19 and 38 to High Holborn and the 341 to the royal courts of justice (next door to LSE). The walk is quite nice though, lots of it is off road through lincolns inn and greys inn.
ankurjain
Report 14 years ago
You are.....

Well, the email that i received stated that we shud hear from the accomodation office by the end of june, but then they revised this date and posted on the website that we shud be hearing from the accomodation office by end of july and not end of june.

So the wait continues...

ANkur
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• London School of Economics and Political Science
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Thu, 4 Jul '19

How did your AQA GCSE Physics Paper 1 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (387)
30.84%
The paper was reasonable (492)
39.2%
Not feeling great about that exam... (220)
17.53%
It was TERRIBLE (156)
12.43%

Watched Threads