Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Anyone one else hates looking people in the eye?. Watch

ReputationRep:
    I hate making eye contact.
    It stresses me out.
    And most people have this stressing look on their eyes, there are very few people with a nice/pleasant look on their faces.

When I look people in the eye, it always feels to me as if they are evaluating me or something, and it doesn't feel good.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xyzedd)
    It stresses me out.
    And most people have this stressing look on their eyes, there are very few people with a nice/pleasant look on their faces.

When I look people in the eye, it always feels to me as if they are evaluating me or something, and it doesn't feel good.
    Sounds like paranoia.

ReputationRep:
    No I always make uncomfortable, unmoving eye contact

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Blondie987)
    No I always make uncomfortable, unmoving eye contact
    I hate looking lesbians/gays in the eyes.
    They stress me out.

ReputationRep:
    I don't like it in general. Usually fairly comfortable conversing with someone I don't know too well but eye contact is pretty uncomfortable at first.

ReputationRep:
    I hate looking lesbians/gays in the eyes.
    They stress me out.
    Because you're intimidated by their awesomeness? It's ok I understand

ReputationRep:
    It stresses me out.

Do you have autism/ aspergers syndrome? I do and I feel the same way as you do most of the time, unless its someone I really fancy in which case I will stare intently into their eyeballs until they are sure I want to murder them

ReputationRep:
    I find it quite easy now, most people are uncomfortable with it which just makes me feel more in control of the situation

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AngryRedhead)
    Do you have autism/ aspergers syndrome? I do and I feel the same way as you do most of the time, unless its someone I really fancy in which case I will stare intently into their eyeballs until they are sure I want to murder them
    No, I have social anxiety and shyness.

ReputationRep:
    Because you're insecure and have no self esteem, you feel inferior thus the inability to look in eyes.

No, I don't have this problem.

ReputationRep:
    It stresses me out.

I'm the same, but I think it's because I associate eye contact with kissing, it's just too intimate. Also, they say the eyes are the window to the soul, so I don't like people being able to know what I'm thinking by looking at my eyes.

ReputationRep:
    No, I have social anxiety and shyness.
    Fair enough. Are you getting help for it?

ReputationRep:
    It stresses me out.

Yeh, I also have this problem OP

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AngryRedhead)
    Fair enough. Are you getting help for it?
    I am taking anti - depressants , but I feel they numb my feelings , I feel like a zombie with them , like I don't experience life.

So I stopped taking them without telling my parents...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ravioliyears)
    Yeh, I also have this problem OP
    Really?
    Spoiler:
    Show
    tamne pan aavu thay. Hu tane sikhvaris kevi rite confident banvanu! mari guarantee chhe!

ReputationRep:
    Maybe you should wear a hijab :sexface:

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I also espeically hate looking at other guy's eyes.
    Because it feels intimate and almost sexual to me to make eye contact.

So I prefer doing it with women.
    Because making eye contact with other males feel just weird to me.

I am not a homo , I am straight.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by spv)
    Really?
    Spoiler:
    Show
    tamne pan aavu thay. Hu tane sikhvaris kevi rite confident banvanu! mari guarantee chhe!
    Yh, I have a serious confidence issue.
    Spoiler:
    Show
    Sacche? Done deal

ReputationRep:
    I hate eye contact too.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    This is probably due to your social anxiety , know the cause of it?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 25, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.