Turn on thread page Beta

Anyone one else hates looking people in the eye?. watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xyzedd)
    I hate making eye contact.
    It stresses me out.
    And most people have this stressing look on their eyes, there are very few people with a nice/pleasant look on their faces.

When I look people in the eye, it always feels to me as if they are evaluating me or something, and it doesn't feel good.
    Same!, mostly with ppl i dont know well or older people

ReputationRep:
    I hate making eye contact with good looking people

ReputationRep:
    I find it's hard to make eye contact with specific people, I think if they glare or never move their eyes from my face, it makes me feel very uncomfortable.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Proxenus)
    I hate making eye contact with good looking people
    y y y

ReputationRep:
    Same same :/

ReputationRep:
    I'm the same think it's because I just find it too intense. If I focus too much on giving good eye contact then I end up not being able to concentrate on what I'm saying which isn't really worth it so instead I end up looking all over the room. The persons probably like wtf is she looking for?

I also worry about giving the wrong look or sending out a wrong message with certain eye contact so yeah end up barely doing it at all...

ReputationRep:
    Do all of you on here have social anxiety or any other forum of anxiety ?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Think People)
    Maybe you should wear a hijab :sexface:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    What would that do?😂

(Original post by xyzedd)
    I hate making eye contact.
    It stresses me out.
    And most people have this stressing look on their eyes, there are very few people with a nice/pleasant look on their faces.

When I look people in the eye, it always feels to me as if they are evaluating me or something, and it doesn't feel good.
    Pro-tip: look into one eye, not both. This is a lot easier if you have a bit of social anxiety.

I still suffer when looking people in the eye - I panic about whether I look like I am over-staring or if I look angry, but I have found looking into just one eye helpful. Apparently when you look into one eye it still looks like both eyes to the person looking at you.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Think People)
    Maybe you should wear a hijab :sexface:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Do you mean the niqab? The one where your eyes are covered.

ReputationRep:
    I cannot look eye to eye but not due to anxiety ...
    When someone is talking to me my eyes are looking at their mouth.

ReputationRep:
    Why would I look a women in the eye if she has a nice set of boobs.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 25, 2016
Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.