Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Anyone one else hates looking people in the eye?. Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xyzedd)
    I hate making eye contact.
    It stresses me out.
    And most people have this stressing look on their eyes, there are very few people with a nice/pleasant look on their faces.

When I look people in the eye, it always feels to me as if they are evaluating me or something, and it doesn't feel good.
    Same!, mostly with ppl i dont know well or older people

ReputationRep:
    I hate making eye contact with good looking people

ReputationRep:
    I find it's hard to make eye contact with specific people, I think if they glare or never move their eyes from my face, it makes me feel very uncomfortable.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Proxenus)
    I hate making eye contact with good looking people
    y y y

ReputationRep:
    Same same :/

ReputationRep:
    I'm the same think it's because I just find it too intense. If I focus too much on giving good eye contact then I end up not being able to concentrate on what I'm saying which isn't really worth it so instead I end up looking all over the room. The persons probably like wtf is she looking for?

I also worry about giving the wrong look or sending out a wrong message with certain eye contact so yeah end up barely doing it at all...

ReputationRep:
    Do all of you on here have social anxiety or any other forum of anxiety ?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Think People)
    Maybe you should wear a hijab :sexface:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    What would that do?😂

(Original post by xyzedd)
    I hate making eye contact.
    It stresses me out.
    And most people have this stressing look on their eyes, there are very few people with a nice/pleasant look on their faces.

When I look people in the eye, it always feels to me as if they are evaluating me or something, and it doesn't feel good.
    Pro-tip: look into one eye, not both. This is a lot easier if you have a bit of social anxiety.

I still suffer when looking people in the eye - I panic about whether I look like I am over-staring or if I look angry, but I have found looking into just one eye helpful. Apparently when you look into one eye it still looks like both eyes to the person looking at you.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Think People)
    Maybe you should wear a hijab :sexface:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Do you mean the niqab? The one where your eyes are covered.

ReputationRep:
    I cannot look eye to eye but not due to anxiety ...
    When someone is talking to me my eyes are looking at their mouth.

ReputationRep:
    Why would I look a women in the eye if she has a nice set of boobs.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 25, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.