Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I'm currently half way through year 10 and I really want to move school. I have been bullied since Year 8 by several people who have a repetition of doing so. My school has a no bulling policy which is never lived up too. With meetings with head of year, form tutor and principal nothing has been sorted out. I'm now doing my GCSE's and this is adding more stress.

Anyway, Would moving school this far into the year be a problem.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by confusedia)
    I'm currently half way through year 10 and I really want to move school. I have been bullied since Year 8 by several people who have a repetition of doing so. My school have no bully policy which is never lived up too. With meetings with head of year, form tutor and principal. I'm now doing my GCSE's and this is adding more stress.

Anyway, Would moving school this far into the year be a problem.
    It wouldn't be easy but if you're struggling still now, it might be better for you. It would depend what school you were moving to as well. If your subjects are with similar or the same exam boards it might be okay. I guess it depends a lot on whether the schools would let you move. If you've tried to fix things at your current school and it's still not working, it would be easier to move now than at the start of year 11. Have you asked your school if you can move classes within your school? If you minimise your time with the people who are bullying you, you might have a better time at your existing school.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ara8311a)
    It wouldn't be easy but if you're struggling still now, it might be better for you. It would depend what school you were moving to as well. If your subjects are with similar or the same exam boards it might be okay. I guess it depends a lot on whether the schools would let you move. If you've tried to fix things at your current school and it's still not working, it would be easier to move now than at the start of year 11. Have you asked your school if you can move classes within your school? If you minimise your time with the people who are bullying you, you might have a better time at your existing school.
    Thank you! I have enquired on moving form etc but at the beginning of the year the whole year group gets mushed together instead of two populations, either way this would occur - sadly this is why i was denied to move forms. But thank you for the help!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by confusedia)
    Thank you! I have enquired on moving form etc but at the beginning of the year the whole year group gets mushed together instead of two populations, either way this would occur - sadly this is why i was denied to move forms. But thank you for the help!
    Maybe you could ask again? That way the teachers would know that you are still struggling and may be able to help you by moving you into another form.
    Failing that, just ignore them and read in form time etc. If you don't react, they'll soon grow bored of traumatising you.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ara8311a)
    Maybe you could ask again? That way the teachers would know that you are still struggling and may be able to help you by moving you into another form.
    Failing that, just ignore them and read in form time etc. If you don't react, they'll soon grow bored of traumatising you.
    Thank you again for the help. My Mum and I have another meeting with the principal today, so we will see what will unfold from that.

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.