Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

I'm getting on a bit, and the thing that depresses me when meeting younger people Watch

ReputationRep:
    is that so many of them are so stupid, and I just think, why can't I have your young body and be clever inside it for longer, rather than you wasting your young body on your stupid, banal thoughts?

I don't mean all young people. Fair enough if you're off to study maths at Cambridge and are likely to do well, or you're on track to be a good musician or suttin.

I mean the young people I meet day to day whose favourite bands are some shitpile bands with 100M views on youtube producing crap that they eat up like sheep, thinking they're unique. Then you find that they did really badly at school, are now studying something soft at the local college and follow lots of these idiot youtubers who talk about things like how pointless school is.

The icing on the cake is that some of them seem to look at me, the old timer, as some kind of loser just because I'm older and I'm not like the poncey band members they like or something...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by samharrison)
    is that so many of them are so stupid, and I just think, why can't I have your young body and be clever inside it for longer, rather than you wasting your young body on your stupid, banal thoughts?

I don't mean all young people. Fair enough if you're off to study maths at Cambridge and are likely to do well, or you're on track to be a good musician or suttin.

I mean the young people I meet day to day whose favourite bands are some shitpile bands with 100M views on youtube producing crap that they eat up like sheep, thinking they're unique. Then you find that they did really badly at school, are now studying something soft at the local college and follow lots of these idiot youtubers who talk about things like how pointless school is.

The icing on the cake is that some of them seem to look at me, the old timer, as some kind of loser just because I'm older and I'm not like the poncey band members they like or something...
    Its their life, not yours. Why do you even care what bands they like? Not everyone has to go to Cambridge and study maths, hell the world would be such a boring place. Just because you disagree with the way they want to live their life, doesn't give you the right to judge them so harshly. To some people, studying is a waste of time. E.g. I regret ever studying law and ever getting a training contract, I quit, and now I want to live my life as an artist. You just sound so ignorant and bitter :<

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ciel.)
    Its their life, not yours. Why do you even care what bands they like? Not everyone has to go to Cambridge and study maths, hell the world would be such a boring place. Just because you disagree with the way they want to live their life, doesn't give you the right to judge them so harshly. To some people, studying is a waste of time. E.g. I regret ever studying law and ever getting a training contract, I quit, and now I want to live my life as an artist. You just sound so ignorant and bitter :<
    can i see your art then?

ReputationRep:
    How old are you?

ReputationRep:
    can i see your art then?
    f***ing burned

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Little Popcorns)
    How old are you?
    here's a joke that'll appeal to the whippersnappers:

I'm over 9000 lmao haha lol rofl

ReputationRep:
    can i see your art then?
    I'm sure that one day you WILL see it (When I make it big!) but for now, I'd rather keep it private. Why are you around so many young people anyway? Are you still studying, or?

ReputationRep:
    here's a joke that'll appeal to the whippersnappers:

I'm over 9000 lmao haha lol rofl
    -_- I'm 24 son

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ciel.)
    I'm sure that one day you WILL see it (When I make it big!) but for now, I'd rather keep it private. Why are you around so many young people anyway? Are you still studying, or?
    Can't you just enlarge the drawing of a house you made in microsoft paint now?

ReputationRep:
    Can't you just enlarge the drawing of a house you made in microsoft paint now?
    I'm an Apple fanboy, *****. I don't have paint.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ciel.)
    I'm an Apple fanboy, *****. I don't have paint.
    haha what a cliche a wannabe artist who likes apple. "Hm,Hm, I've just been working on this movie script on my macintosh"

oh so you use paintbrush

ReputationRep:
    Sounds like OP isn't getting enough sex...

ReputationRep:
    haha what a cliche a wannabe artist who likes apple. "Hm,Hm, I've just been working on this movie script on my macintosh"

oh so you use paintbrush
    Are you ok? Not even asking in a sarcastic "are you mentally ill" way. I'm genuinely concerned.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HyphyMud)
    Sounds like OP isn't getting enough sex...
    why do we have to look at a photo of your back? It's a lovely back, granted, but why did you think your back was of any interest to us?

ReputationRep:

oh so you use paintbrush
    Oh my, you must be a hipster. You sound soo 'unique', just like the rest of the population! Is your ego bigger than your.... forget about it, my little special snowflake.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ciel.)
    Oh my, you must be a hipster. You sound soo 'unique', just like the rest of the population! Is your ego bigger than your.... forget about it, my little special snowflake.
    I'm not a hipster

ReputationRep:
    I'm not a hipster
    A *****ster then?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ciel.)
    coming from the wannabe artist who thinks he's gonna make it

ReputationRep:
    coming from the wannabe artist who thinks he's gonna make it
    I don't THINK I will. I KNOW I will. You must really hate yourself, and your life. What a sad way to live.

ReputationRep:
    Op sounds pretty stupid to me.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.