Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

So this guy friend and I have been hanging out and talking just as friends hes never once said he's wanted anything more than friendship with me. For some reason to tonight he was giving me short reply backs, and just acting a little diffrent then out of no where he puts in the message i think you and (the guys name) are in love, i directly said im sorry but its nothing like that, and he replies back with you and him are always liking each others facebook posts. I said I only like a certain amount of his stuff like i do with everyone i have on facebook and he's went off on one with me and is now decided to ignore my messages saying he can't be bothered anymore..... like what the hell have i done wrong?

ReputationRep:
    Well it looks like the guy thought he was giving obvious hints about having some sort of feelings for you, while you were completely oblivious to it. He must have assumed you knew and is now offended that you showed interest to another guy.

Also, use quotation marks and more punctuation because this was hard to read.

(Original post by Nadile)
    Well it looks like the guy thought he was giving obvious hints about having some sort of feelings for you, while you were completely oblivious to it. He must have assumed you knew and is now offended that you showed interest to another guy.Also, use quotation marks and more punctuation because this was hard to read.
    Thank you so much for your response, it means alot and Yeah, sorry about that I was kinda in a rush to write it out not thinking about how it would come across when someone reads it. I would go back and edit it now but i dont think i can?

ReputationRep:
    He sounds like a moron. "Because you like each others posts". He needs to grow up.

ReputationRep:
    His fault.

ReputationRep:
    If he's given you ambiguous or misinterpretable messages and is now annoyed that you didn't take them in the way he wanted you to, I'd put that on his head, not yours. If he liked you and wanted you to know it, he ought to have said so.

Deciding that you were in love with a person based solely on Facebook likes was asinine, too.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 25, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.