Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I do and haven't seen him in years. My parents are separated and I live with my mum and siblings. It was really bad when my parents were together and we were all under one roof. He was a really bad father, he didn't speak to me and my siblings, he physically abused us too. He used to look at me inappropriately as I am the oldest which was very uncomfortable. He treated my mum like **** and he cheated on her many times but she stayed with him for 20 years for me and my siblings.

We eventually had enough and left him. He now lives with someone else and probably has kids with her. He told everyone that we left because we're sluts but aren't. My mum dresses modestly and remained faithful to my dad while they were together even though she knew he was no good and was sleeping around. She hasn't been with anyone since and isn't going to in the future. My dad will be her one and only. Me and my siblings dress modest too and have never been in a relationship either so I don't see how we are sluts. Everyone believes him as well. They think he has been left heartbroken when we left. That's a lie when he didn't even fight to keep us or get us back.

He even sold the house we used to live in and my mum got none of the money so we live in a rented house and money is always tight.

I can't believe someone who is supposed to love us and take care of us has done this. While some can turn to their dad, I never will because I can't. I cut all ties with him and don't want to see him again. I can't forgive him for what he has done and don't need someone like him in my life. He doesn't care about me anyway. He never did or he would never have done what he did. God may forgive him but I never will. I know it's terrible to say bad things about my dad but I am past caring after what he's done. He's broken me to the point where I no longer respect him.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    My Dad was a scumbag and left a woman pregnant, then deserted her. I don't know what happened to the child, if it was aborted or whether it was kept. Thing is, the child would be older than me and I don't even know him/her or even if they exist.

ReputationRep:
    I'm so sorry you had to go through that. Many people live without seeing their fathers; it's increasingly more common.
    My father also left me and my mother when I was around 3 years old, but you can learn from the actions of your father and ensure your children don't have to go through the same ordeal. It's completely understandable that you don't want to communicate with your father, I would probably do the same in your situation, It's taken a lot of courage from me to re-engage in talking with my father again after what he did to me, but he will never be my dad.

If you ever want to talk about it, I am here.

ReputationRep:
    Single parent families are a norm. My dad was one of those that likes to spread his "seeds" all over the place.

ReputationRep:
    nah my pa's a good man. an anaesthetist and all

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by KyleH123)
    I'm so sorry you had to go through that. Many people live without seeing their fathers; it's increasingly more common.
    My father also left me and my mother when I was around 3 years old, but you can learn from the actions of your father and ensure your children don't have to go through the same ordeal. It's completely understandable that you don't want to communicate with your father, I would probably do the same in your situation, It's taken a lot of courage from me to re-engage in talking with my father again after what he did to me, but he will never be my dad.

If you ever want to talk about it, I am here.
    Thanks and if you want to talk, I am here too.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    some of the comments here are very mean

ReputationRep:
    Mine pays for uni but other than that we don't really have any contact...tbh I'm fine with that. No disrespect to him but I don't think he was meant to be a father or a husband, I definitely wasn't a planned child It sucks but at the same time it has motivated me to be the best father/husband possible for my future family!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by alexschmalex)
    Mine pays for uni but other than that we don't really have any contact...tbh I'm fine with that. No disrespect to him but I don't think he was meant to be a father or a husband, I definitely wasn't a planned child It sucks but at the same time it has motivated me to be the best father/husband possible for my future family!
    it's ok i kneeewww exactly what you meant, when you said youuuu were an accident
    • Peer Support Volunteers

ReputationRep:
    Peer Support Volunteers
    My father is wonderful. It's the flip side for me: my mother was a horrible parent and I've not seen her in 13 years. I hate it when people assume if your parents have split up then you must live with your mum. Hell, mine hasn't paid child support whatsoever and has left my brother with no memory of her unlike me and my sister (he was 1 when my parents split).

ReputationRep:
    My dad was abusive to my mum to the point he nearly strangled her to death, after that she moved out and aside from paying child support and seeing me infrequently he hasn't really been involved in my life much

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AngryRedhead)
    My dad was abusive to my mum to the point he nearly strangled her to death, after that she moved out and aside from paying child support and seeing me infrequently he hasn't really been involved in my life much
    Sorry to read this. At least your mother was able to get away from him.

ReputationRep:
    My parents are good parents.

ReputationRep:
    My dad doesn't pay child support either, he never did.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ladymusiclover)
    Single parent families are a norm. My dad was one of those that likes to spread his "seeds" all over the place.
    Are single mother families the norm these days? I thought my Dad was pretty unique in his scumbaggery. You don't really hear about it, or I may just be unaware.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by James.Carnell)
    Are single mother families the norm these days? I thought my Dad was pretty unique in his scumbaggery. You don't really hear about it, or I may just be unaware.
    Maybe I exaggerated but it's quite common. I looked this up:
    There are around two million single parents – they make up a quarter of families with dependent children.

ReputationRep:
    This is really similar to what happened to me, it sucks knowing what a **** person your dad is and that you're actually related to him, especially when other people say they hate their dad cos he shouted at them once and you're like seriously? but you can't say anything

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 2, 2016
Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.