Turn on thread page Beta

do many cubers understand the rubik's cube watch

ReputationRep:
    or do most of them just have a list of algorithms they've memorized?

ReputationRep:
    For me? Bit of both. Lists of algorithms had been memorized at first, yes, but when you repeat them to the point of being automatic, that's when you are able to pay attention to why they work rather than concentrating only on what you should be doing.

The understanding came way after I'd memorized the algorithms, but it's there

ReputationRep:
    Yea, I understand how the cube works, and I don't need algs to know how to move pieces to certain places. Though I have algs memorized for the last layer, f2l is all intuitive. I'd say most cubers understand the cube to some extent.

ReputationRep:
    wait!
    Spoiler:
    Show
    the rubix cube has maths behind it? oh my days.
    please tell me how to solve it!!!!!!!!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sfaraj)
    wait!
    Spoiler:
    Show
    the rubix cube has maths behind it? oh my days.
    please tell me how to solve it!!!!!!!!!!
    There's some pretty good YouTube tutorials out there that explain it all well. I'd go have a quick look at those if I were you

ReputationRep:
    Most frustrating experience!

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: June 16, 2016
Poll
Do protests make a difference in political decisions?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.