Turn on thread page Beta
    • Thread Starter

    The same way there are Solidworks certificates and foreign language ones, are there any certificates that say you are proficient in some area of engineering?Say you have a bachelors' in Electrical and Electronic Engineering but you also decide to take an exam and get a Level 1 certificate in Renewable Energy (just made it up). That would make for a decent CV supplement. Is there anything like that out there?
    • Community Assistant

    Community Assistant
    Your uni might run courses in certain industry programming suites like Matlab and Labview, I guess that would count. Otherwise getting involved in relevant societies should help show your abilities.
    • TSR Support Team

    TSR Support Team
    This is a good question. I remember my university running a Labview course where we would get a certificate from.

    You could also do something like Solidworks, but you'd probably have to pay for that, or a Six Sigma Green Belt.

    I'm not sure how much value this will really add to a graduate CV, though.
Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: February 27, 2016

University open days

  1. University of Cambridge
    Christ's College Undergraduate
    Wed, 26 Sep '18
  2. Norwich University of the Arts
    Undergraduate Open Days Undergraduate
    Fri, 28 Sep '18
  3. Edge Hill University
    Faculty of Health and Social Care Undergraduate
    Sat, 29 Sep '18
Which accompaniment is best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.