The Student Room Group

Does he like me or is it just friends?

Basically I have become pretty close to a guy at my sixth form in recent weeks. We spend our frees and lunchtimes together, talk most days out of school (literally about anything from uni to family problems to just joking around, with conversations being initiated by both of us equally), have little inside jokes and are starting to go to the same parties/gatherings. I definitely like him and sometimes I think that he might like me too from the things above and how he goes out of his way to ask how I am, talks about points that I raised in our class together or stupid little things e.g today we were sat across the room from one another in a talk and he did a hand heart to me (I did one back and it was jokey lol we're not that cringe) and kept looking my way etc. Also last weekend my friend had a party and when I asked him if he was going on the Friday he said that he wasn't and so I pulled a sad face as a joke and we left it at that, but just before the party he messaged me to say that his friend had talked him into coming (I don't think that actually happened but idk) - by the time I replied he said that he had changed his mind again and wasn't going to come, so I said that it would have been nice if he had come but he wasn't going to miss much and then his response was that my message was worded very nicely and that he was on his way.. again I couldn't tell if it was genuinely swayed by my presence and messages or not. I don't know if I'm just reading these things incorrectly though because I like him - he still calls me 'mate' a lot (he calls most people that and is quite 'laddish') but I take that as sign of friend zoning? And he showed me these guys that were messaging him to see if he was interested in them (he's not, he's straight) and then was telling me that he kissed this girl at the weekend but felt pressured to & doesn't actually like her.. I can't tell if it's just friendly or a justification/jealousy thing? He is sending so many mixed messages & I think I'm confused because I like him and didn't expect to when we first started hanging out! I also can't imagine him finding me attractive which makes me doubt everything. If anyone has any advice or light than can be shed on my situation then I would really appreciate it - thank you :smile:
Reply 1
too long didnt read he likes u
Reply 2
Original post by mangala
too long didnt read he likes u

sorry looking back i've babbled because i'm so confused.. thanks though :tongue:
Original post by Anonymous
Basically I have become pretty close to a guy at my sixth form in recent weeks. We spend our frees and lunchtimes together, talk most days out of school (literally about anything from uni to family problems to just joking around, with conversations being initiated by both of us equally), have little inside jokes and are starting to go to the same parties/gatherings. I definitely like him and sometimes I think that he might like me too from the things above and how he goes out of his way to ask how I am, talks about points that I raised in our class together or stupid little things e.g today we were sat across the room from one another in a talk and he did a hand heart to me (I did one back and it was jokey lol we're not that cringe) and kept looking my way etc. Also last weekend my friend had a party and when I asked him if he was going on the Friday he said that he wasn't and so I pulled a sad face as a joke and we left it at that, but just before the party he messaged me to say that his friend had talked him into coming (I don't think that actually happened but idk) - by the time I replied he said that he had changed his mind again and wasn't going to come, so I said that it would have been nice if he had come but he wasn't going to miss much and then his response was that my message was worded very nicely and that he was on his way.. again I couldn't tell if it was genuinely swayed by my presence and messages or not. I don't know if I'm just reading these things incorrectly though because I like him - he still calls me 'mate' a lot (he calls most people that and is quite 'laddish':wink: but I take that as sign of friend zoning? And he showed me these guys that were messaging him to see if he was interested in them (he's not, he's straight) and then was telling me that he kissed this girl at the weekend but felt pressured to & doesn't actually like her.. I can't tell if it's just friendly or a justification/jealousy thing? He is sending so many mixed messages & I think I'm confused because I like him and didn't expect to when we first started hanging out! I also can't imagine him finding me attractive which makes me doubt everything. If anyone has any advice or light than can be shed on my situation then I would really appreciate it - thank you :smile:

Youre not gonna want to hear it but the only person that knows the answer is him.. however i would like to be more helpful than that so i would just like to point out that i wouldnt think too much into the 'mate' thing, me and my boyfriend use it all the time and used it before we got together and also i was in the same boat as you i hadnt expected to like him and i also didnt think he would look twice at me in 'that way' yet here we are! My suggestion is to start hinting, if you guys are as close as you say you are his reaction will paint a thousand words to you and you should be able to decide your next move from there. Maybe organise a situation that leaves the two of you alone to talk? Im just talking from my experience but everyone is different. Good luck whatever happens :smile:
Reply 4
Youre not gonna want to hear it but the only person that knows the answer is him.. however i would like to be more helpful than that so i would just like to point out that i wouldnt think too much into the 'mate' thing, me and my boyfriend use it all the time and used it before we got together and also i was in the same boat as you i hadnt expected to like him and i also didnt think he would look twice at me in 'that way' yet here we are! My suggestion is to start hinting, if you guys are as close as you say you are his reaction will paint a thousand words to you and you should be able to decide your next move from there. Maybe organise a situation that leaves the two of you alone to talk? Im just talking from my experience but everyone is different. Good luck whatever happens :smile:

Thank you for reading the whole post! That's more useful than you think - thank you :smile: I will try to do that and just see what happens! It's frustrating that it's always on my mind but I guess it's a good distraction from uni stresses and other things - thanks anon!
Thank you for reading the whole post! That's more useful than you think - thank you :smile: I will try to do that and just see what happens! It's frustrating that it's always on my mind but I guess it's a good distraction from uni stresses and other things - thanks anon!

No bother, good luck :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending