The Student Room Group

Drifting from the girl I love?

Hello,

Basically a girl and I have been close for about 2.5 years now. Never dated nor been particularly intimate with one another. The past day I have felt very different towards her.

I have mainly been so obsessive over her, constantly texting and wanting to see her. Now, I have none of these feelings and emotions. I now find her boring to talk to. I don't like her constant negativity, jealousy of others and personal insecurities.

Before anyone says I am leaving because I do not want to deal with her bad side. This is not the case. I have been right by her side for the entirety of our friendship. I sometimes think perhaps I got too close hence why a relationship never blossomed.

I am still attracted to her but I would only want sexual favours from her now. Of course I am NOT going to use her. I am just putting in perspective how I have no feelings towards her.

I just find it weird how after all this time of being besotted with her and literally dreaming about her. Missing her like crazy when she would be unavailable to speak to. Now, I have lost absolute all interest in her.

I don't know how I will tell her how I feel as she is extremely sensitive and insecure. I don't want to hurt her but at the same time I do not want to lead her on.

I guess mainly what I am asking is opinions and advice on the situation. Why I feel how I do? Why so randomly? What I should do? How should I tell her? These are all questions I am wondering.

Thanks for any feedback!
Original post by Tommasters
Hello,

Basically a girl and I have been close for about 2.5 years now. Never dated nor been particularly intimate with one another. The past day I have felt very different towards her.

I have mainly been so obsessive over her, constantly texting and wanting to see her. Now, I have none of these feelings and emotions. I now find her boring to talk to. I don't like her constant negativity, jealousy of others and personal insecurities.

Before anyone says I am leaving because I do not want to deal with her bad side. This is not the case. I have been right by her side for the entirety of our friendship. I sometimes think perhaps I got too close hence why a relationship never blossomed.

I am still attracted to her but I would only want sexual favours from her now. Of course I am NOT going to use her. I am just putting in perspective how I have no feelings towards her.

I just find it weird how after all this time of being besotted with her and literally dreaming about her. Missing her like crazy when she would be unavailable to speak to. Now, I have lost absolute all interest in her.

I don't know how I will tell her how I feel as she is extremely sensitive and insecure. I don't want to hurt her but at the same time I do not want to lead her on.

I guess mainly what I am asking is opinions and advice on the situation. Why I feel how I do? Why so randomly? What I should do? How should I tell her? These are all questions I am wondering.

Thanks for any feedback!

Attraction is a strange thing, small things can be a massive turn off even if you didnt know that you didnt like something.. if that makes sense? I think from the way you are speaking its been pretty 1 sided? You say you have always been crazy about her and you have been by her side but did she provide the same friendship to you? You say you wont use her but maybe she used you.. obviously i am completely guessing as i dont know enough of her side of things but just trying to offer as much guidance as i can muster! Maybe your subconscious eventually just gave up!
Reply 2
Get tired of trying to help her and her not being helped by what you were trying to do? Unless she has done something recently which has hurt you?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending