Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    this is the trub with having a well-paid job. You die at about the same age as most people (give or take a few years) and then on your deathbed you might be thinking ah **** i had so much money think of all the fun i could've had without this darned illness.

true you could give it to oxfam and get a warm glow or give it to your kids and pretend they'll do something good with it, but then your kids will probs then end up on their deathbeds just like you ... a perpetual cycle of people (your bloodline) just making money to pass on like a relay think about that!

ReputationRep:
    whereas if you die with nae money it's almost a relief as you don't have to worry about that next meal and you might think "well i used up my fun allowance (my money) and now it's time to go"

ReputationRep:
    I see ...
    Name:  S3.jpg
Views: 45
Size:  7.9 KB

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TeeEm)
    I see ...
    yep

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TeeEm)
    I see ...
    there are also other views like thinking of your achievement in amassing loads of money if you die rich...this thread is sort of a form of optimism for poor people because i'm kind like that

ReputationRep:
    we get you ...
    Name:  S7.jpg
Views: 54
Size:  81.1 KB

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TeeEm)
    we get you ...
    Name:  S7.jpg
Views: 54
Size:  81.1 KB
    thanks man

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by samharrison)
    this is the trub with having a well-paid job. You die at about the same age as most people (give or take a few years) and then on your deathbed you might be thinking ah **** i had so much money think of all the fun i could've had without this darned illness.

true you could give it to oxfam and get a warm glow or give it to your kids and pretend they'll do something good with it, but then your kids will probs then end up on their deathbeds just like you ... a perpetual cycle of people (your bloodline) just making money to pass on like a relay think about that!
    Yep. That's why we should remind ourselves to not be too attached to these wordy desires since we're not taking any of these possessions with us.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by samharrison)

actually no, if you're wealthy enough you have access to medicine and healthcare that will prolong your life for notably longer than those without money.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.