Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hey so it started alright I was wild in semester 1 flat mates loved it night life loved me everyone knew me I was popular even though I didn't drink at all in a party, but in truth I weren't happy I hated night life I can't dance, I'm insecure and I am good at tricking people into thinking I am confident I'm fake, half way through semester 1 I stopped the night life, I also got into a relationship & came out as bisexual, it's semester 2 and everyone would ask why I don't go out, they all think it's because I have boyfriend but it's not that it's because I have to pretend to be someone I'm not at a night out to fit in, so now I'm labelled as boring, my flat mates are a mess they don't clean at all and it ends up me doing most of the cleaning, they exclude me from stuff, I'm sure they ***** about me be Muslim and bisexual too, but they are Muslims in clubs 3 times a week and they don't go to lectures yet they still get better grades than me even though I live in the library... So I'm really negative with my situation.
    I don't even get a thank you for cleaning up, I don't fit in with them because I am not into grime culture, I'm just lonely my flat mates don't give a **** about me, they don't appreciate it when I do all my nice kind acts, when they are ill it's me who has medicine stocks, when they wanna throw a party it's me with the large contact list, Yes I know a lot of people from different social groups but I don't have a group of friends and it's semester 2 of my first year. I have no one to live with for next year, the boyfriend is a local he lives with his family. I really worry about getting **** flat mates again next year. I just feel like a loser all because I don't enjoy nightlife and I spend that time in the library yet I don't perform as good as the these chilled flat mates... I haven't had close of friends for 3 years I'm still looking for somewhere I actually belong, I can't just rely on hanging with my bf friends they are nice to me but they are all final years.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jgco2chem)
    Hey so it started alright I was wild in semester 1 flat mates loved it night life loved me everyone knew me I was popular even though I didn't drink at all in a party, but in truth I weren't happy I hated night life I can't dance, I'm insecure and I am good at tricking people into thinking I am confident I'm fake, half way through semester 1 I stopped the night life, I also got into a relationship & came out as bisexual, it's semester 2 and everyone would ask why I don't go out, they all think it's because I have boyfriend but it's not that it's because I have to pretend to be someone I'm not at a night out to fit in, so now I'm labelled as boring, my flat mates are a mess they don't clean at all and it ends up me doing most of the cleaning, they exclude me from stuff, I'm sure they ***** about me be Muslim and bisexual too, but they are Muslims in clubs 3 times a week and they don't go to lectures yet they still get better grades than me even though I live in the library... So I'm really negative with my situation.
    I don't even get a thank you for cleaning up, I don't fit in with them because I am not into grime culture, I'm just lonely my flat mates don't give a **** about me, they don't appreciate it when I do all my nice kind acts, when they are ill it's me who has medicine stocks, when they wanna throw a party it's me with the large contact list, Yes I know a lot of people from different social groups but I don't have a group of friends and it's semester 2 of my first year. I have no one to live with for next year, the boyfriend is a local he lives with his family. I really worry about getting **** flat mates again next year. I just feel like a loser all because I don't enjoy nightlife and I spend that time in the library yet I don't perform as good as the these chilled flat mates... I haven't had close of friends for 3 years I'm still looking for somewhere I actually belong, I can't just rely on hanging with my bf friends they are nice to me but they are all final years.
    Just go out once in a while and loosen up.
    Change on environment is good.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DatSHINee)
    Just go out once in a while and loosen up.
    Change on environment is good.
    I hate going out its load music, I can't dance, it's not for me.

ReputationRep:
    Stop doing stuff for them, learn to say no to their requests, and certainly don't clean up after them.
    As for accommodation next year - seriously you at university and people will have loads of spare rooms going, check out the common internet sites and the university notice boards.

ReputationRep:
    stop cleaning up after them and giving them stuff if they're not grateful, no need to be nasty about it just say you don't have medicine and don't clean

make some more friends, join a society or somethign

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by doodle_333)
    stop cleaning up after them and giving them stuff if they're not grateful, no need to be nasty about it just say you don't have medicine and don't clean

make some more friends, join a society or somethign
    I've stopped the cleaning up, being an asset... Etc, thing is I am someone almost everyone in my year knows, people think I have loads of friends because I hang out with so many different people, Yes I am sociable & in lots of societies plus a sports team unfortunately I just don't have a close friend that I desire.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.