Turn on thread page Beta

My girlfriend lied to me twice now, what shall I do? watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rizmah)
    Its hard though. It eats away at me all the time. I am so scared as I have been cheated on before.
    Making a big deal about it before you even know for sure that she's cheated on you is only going to maker her want to cheat on you. And push her away.

Have you told her that it makes you uncomfortable, though? Because you should. And if she doesn't understand, you probably should leave her.

ReputationRep:
    I try man. Going to the gym is too expensive for me. How old are you may I ask?
    Just go for a run or something i know as dreading as that sounds but it will be good for the head mate , and im 18 what about you?

ReputationRep:
    i'd break up with her. When does a girl seriously need to be alone with her ex? Save yourself the embarrassment of catching her cheating on you or her leaving you for her ex and you end it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Summertime99)
    Making a big deal about it before you even know for sure that she's cheated on you is only going to maker her want to cheat on you. And push her away.

Have you told her that it makes you uncomfortable, though? Because you should. And if she doesn't understand, you probably should leave her.
    She does understand and for ages now she hasnt spoke to any men because of me which i feel like im isolating her. She never told me this until last night.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gertautas)
    Just go for a run or something i know as dreading as that sounds but it will be good for the head mate , and im 18 what about you?
    I may just try go out with mates as much as possible. Im 17, currently in college studying IT.

ReputationRep:
    I may just try go out with mates as much as possible. Im 17, currently in college studying IT.
    Yeh do that mate , it will help alot - like you will have a good laugh and when your out there with them DO NOT even dare to think about her , just have a good laugh and forget it all , and nice im currently doing a IT apprenticeship :P!

ReputationRep:
    True but one of her ex's?
    Well, I am friends with my ex. We are both in our own relationships now and have no interest in each other. Just because we tried dating doesn't mean we should throw away a very long friendship. His parents are divorced and are also still friends.

However, this is rare. Relationships usually end badly, people rarely stay friends, and often at least one side can't get over it.

Honestly, apologise for being so controlling and possessive, say that you're now ok with her hanging out with whoever she wants to, including any guys. Give her a chance to open up before questioning her about her ex, and see if she ends up seeing him more. And importantly, see if she keeps lying about it (which could have been due to your issue with guys) or if she openly tells you that they are friends now. I don't think you should talk to her immediately now, because right now she's worried about your reaction to her merely hanging out with a guy. So she might end up overly defensive regardless of her intentions with her ex.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Oilfreak1)
    i'd break up with her. When does a girl seriously need to be alone with her ex? Save yourself the embarrassment of catching her cheating on you or her leaving you for her ex and you end it.
    This is true why she hanging out with her ex if she's got a boyfriend?

ReputationRep:
    wait till she lies a third time ...
    once, twice, three times a ladyyyy, la la la laaaa ...

ReputationRep:
    Didn't read all of your comment but just break up with her before she hurts you!!!!

ReputationRep:
    She has recently started talking to her ex which I already dont like. Recently she was going out to a band pub thing with him but she told me it was all boys and girls in a group but it was just them two. She then lied to me again saying she went with her friend called ella. We have been in a relationship for 13 months and I really am losing my trust with her. The thing is she doesnt have alot of friends and she gets on better with dudes but obviously I dont like that so she hasnt gone out with other dudes like this before until now. What shall I do , she is still lying to me and keeping her secret. I feel like they will get too close and she will cheat on me.

I know alot of you will say just leave her but its so hard to do that when I love her so much. I do admit I am a little pocessive over her but thats a trait i pick up from my parents which i try and manage. I feel like she lies to me because it would cause problems if she did goto a band pub

I dont know whether she generally just wants to have a guy friend to go out with, but like i said im scared she will get too close and ill lose her.
    I think you should just sit down and talk to her about your feelings and see how she responds. She is obviously afraid of telling you she is meeting her ex but if you tell her how you feel about it then she'll start confessing more to you. I'm sure she loves you if you have been together for so long.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nadile)
    Well, I am friends with my ex. We are both in our own relationships now and have no interest in each other. Just because we tried dating doesn't mean we should throw away a very long friendship. His parents are divorced and are also still friends.

However, this is rare. Relationships usually end badly, people rarely stay friends, and often at least one side can't get over it.

Honestly, apologise for being so controlling and possessive, say that you're now ok with her hanging out with whoever she wants to, including any guys. Give her a chance to open up before questioning her about her ex, and see if she ends up seeing him more. And importantly, see if she keeps lying about it (which could have been due to your issue with guys) or if she openly tells you that they are friends now. I don't think you should talk to her immediately now, because right now she's worried about your reaction to her merely hanging out with a guy. So she might end up overly defensive regardless of her intentions with her ex.
    OP has not been controlling nor possessive, she's been doing it behind his back.

(Original post by Oilfreak1)
    They're probably just friends though, I hang out with my ex and I have a boyfriend. He's fine with it because we talk.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rakas21)
    OP has not been controlling nor possessive, she's been doing it behind his back.
    He said he doesn't like her hanging out with guys, while most her friends are guys, because of which she hasn't been seeing her friends.

ReputationRep:
    Meeting up with her ex? Leave her.

ReputationRep:
    After reading the comments I changed my opinion from reading your first post.

My ex used to have trust issues with me despite me not giving her any reason not too. I would rather say I'm out with my mates than girls as she'd ask a million questions and assume the sole reason I was with them was to cheat on her.

In my opinion trust is the most important thing in a relationship, if you don't have trust you'll constantly be beating yourself up inside and start feeling more and more insecure. The fact she has openly lied to you on multiple occasions suggests the trust is not there and i'd question what else she has lied to you about. The best thing would be to openly discuss it with her, I am a firm believer an ex is an ex for a reason.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nadile)
    He said he doesn't like her hanging out with guys, while most her friends are guys, because of which she hasn't been seeing her friends.
    That seems to be her choice. OP does not yet seemed to have had the balls to tell his girlfriend what he thinks.

ReputationRep:
    I hate being lied to but will always forgive one lie. Everyone deserves a second chance I think. If I was lied to twice by a friend or lover I would end friendship/relationship. As I say, I hate lies, just how I roll 😎
    From the above no shock that I would dump her but you will just have to decide for yourself. I do wish you luck and happiness tho ❤️

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    They're probably just friends though, I hang out with my ex and I have a boyfriend. He's fine with it because we talk.
    personally dont agree with relationships with exes they're exes for a reason. what I absolutely detest about this situation though is the gfs need to be alone with her ex and to lie about that fact. This wont end well so best not to prolong it, end it and find someone better.

ReputationRep:
    Propose to her so she knows you're not fooling around

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 25, 2016
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.