The Student Room Group

Advice on which university to attend

Basically, I have received all 5 of myuniversity offers. I have applied to study politics at Loughborough, Liverpool,Nottingham Trent, Leicester and De Montfort. I got two unconditional offersfrom NTU and DMU, subject to me firmly accepting their offers. This has put mein a predicament. I have aspirations to do a GDL after my undergrad studies. Ioriginally wanted to attend Liverpool based on its Russell Group status, butthen the unconditional offers have swayed me slightly. After doing moreresearch I realized Loughborough fares quite highly on the rankings and tablesetc. So I am confused, if I attended NTU, are postgrad and job prospectsaffected, also am I right to choose Liverpool over loughborough based on itbeing a Russell group, yet a lot lower on the rankings.
i know exactly what you mean, loughborough is soooo much higher on the politics ranking, its still a respectable uni too. although liverpool maybe russell group, it's not the best uni for your choice, you'd be a fool to pick it!
Original post by adamp10
Basically, I have received all 5 of myuniversity offers. I have applied to study politics at Loughborough, Liverpool,Nottingham Trent, Leicester and De Montfort. I got two unconditional offersfrom NTU and DMU, subject to me firmly accepting their offers. This has put mein a predicament. I have aspirations to do a GDL after my undergrad studies. Ioriginally wanted to attend Liverpool based on its Russell Group status, butthen the unconditional offers have swayed me slightly. After doing moreresearch I realized Loughborough fares quite highly on the rankings and tablesetc. So I am confused, if I attended NTU, are postgrad and job prospectsaffected, also am I right to choose Liverpool over loughborough based on itbeing a Russell group, yet a lot lower on the rankings.

Universities such as NTU and DMU give unconditional offers in order to tempt applicants with this potentially poisoned chalice. Would you consider them without this benefit? If the answer is no, then discount them.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending