Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

I've met the girl of my dreams but it just doesn't feel "right" watch

ReputationRep:
    Hello TSR,

First post so please be gentle.

I have actively been on dating websites since breaking up with my ex in Feb 2015 after I didn't feel the same with her. I met a girl early January this year and we went on a couple of dates and I seemed to fall for her extremely hard! I'm usually the complete opposite, I was actually worrying at a stage I wouldn't find someone I was genuinely attracted too.

We agreed to date after she made a subtle hint but later informed me she had been dating previous guys in the year after coming out of a 7 year relationship which she was mistreated. Everything seemed to be moving a little too quick, maybe too good to be true but I didn't want to stop as it felt so good.

We have been together nearly two months now and spend nearly every day together, she has openly discussed the desire to spend her future with me and we have met each others parents and got on really well.

My main concern is she doesn't seem as open and touchy as I would like her to be. This may be me over thinking because I am into her so much but I feel like I contanstly want to be hugging her on the sofa or in bed, I have exercised restraint but I don't feel like she ever makes the first move. Sometimes I'll kiss her and she will kiss me back then back off to go and do something.

She suggested deleting facebook as she was receiving messages from guys. I barely use it so I mutually agreed and we did. Her phone isn't exactly exploding with messages but I get the feeling she can be quite secretive over it.

Our sex life early in the relationship was very intense at the start but has teetered off some what. After not having sex for a few days I restrained and she made the first move last night.

Typing this I feel like I am being a bit pedantic but just wondering what your opinons are. I don't want to push her away by questioning things I just think she may not be letting everything out.

Thanks in advance.

ReputationRep:
    i think you are being a bit too clingy. your only into your two months into your relationship.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 25, 2016
Poll
Do you like carrot cake?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.