The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

edinburgh; but i'm not clever enough to get in
Edinburgh and Columbia, and I've already had my other dream come true. :biggrin:
Any of the Ivies + Stanford + LSE + UC Berkeley (for postgrad)
stephanina
San Francisco is freezing, dirty and littered with homeless people... I love Gavin, hate the city.

A 40 minute drive is still more than most university students have time for. Maybe once in a while, but not, say, weekly.

My senior year I went 1-2x per week. There were even times I went twice in one day!
louisedotcom
My dream uni is actually my firm choice :smile:
And its the university of Leicester.
I cant even begin to describe how much I loved it both times I visited. Everything about it was amazing, and I just felt completely relaxed and at home there. There was nothing I could fault about it.

Reputation, league tables and all that doesnt really mean anything to me which is why ive chosen a 'normal' uni rather than a high status one.
To me uni is about going somewhere that you will feel happy not somewhere where you go just so you can say 'I go to Cambridge' or whatever.

I know what you mean about Leicester. I very nearly put them as my insurance, and if I was doing it again I would probably go Sheffield as firm and Leicester as insurance, because I'll be pretty lucky if I get into York tbh. I thought the atmosphere of the place and the way it is operated was very attractive indeed, and if I have to go through clearing, I'll be looking to see if they have any places left. My favourite uni remains, of course, Oxford, who rejected me after interview. Can't say I liked everybody at the place, but the other applicants were some of the nicest people I ever met and I'm still in regular contact with them. I'll probably be considering a postgrad there if my degree goes well.
Reply 125
^ Did you reconsider re-applying?
The Pokemon University learn to become a Pokemon Master!!

Or wikiuniversity its kl..

Open University is good to they have great accomodation.
I thought Birmingham University was really good in every respect just the department of the course I (originally) applied for was to put it nicely 'totally incompetent'.

I liked Oxford, Brasenose college alot.
Reply 128
It's a nice University but the staff is very poor at Birmingham. My gf went there to visit and she said that there was absolutely no feedback or support.
bEEt
It's a nice University but the staff is very poor at Birmingham. My gf went there to visit and she said that there was absolutely no feedback or support.

In what way?
i wanted to go to university of liverpool but i got rejected because i only do 2 A levels and 2 As levels. I dont have much of a reason for wanting to go there other than I like liverpool. I didnt want to go anywhere else so Im staying close to home and going to Uclan. Happy with Uclan though because people are great and everything there and its a nice place.
Reply 131
ChemistBoy
In what way?

She e-mailed them three months before she was going to visit and they had said that the admission's tutor would give a presentation. She reminded them four days before she was coming and they had confirmed everything. However, when she arrived the offices were all closed.
bEEt
She e-mailed them three months before she was going to visit and they had said that the admission's tutor would give a presentation. She reminded them four days before she was coming and they had confirmed everything. However, when she arrived the offices were all closed.

Sounds typical! Academics are rubbish at organising everything. No doubt the admissions tutor will probably have forgot that they have a research meeting scheduled at that time, remembered at the last minute and not told anyone that they aren't going to do a presentation.
If by the question the OP is asking for a hypothetical scenario. Then it would have to be a large field or half way up a mountain. Forget extreme ironing, me likes the idea of extreme chemistry. God help anyone trying to titrate in the wind though.
Reply 134
Cardiff.

Sigh.

i loved it completely and utterly. But i think i'd be mental to chose it over lse or oxford :frown:
shady lane
My senior year I went 1-2x per week. There were even times I went twice in one day!

That's cool I guess, but I don't know why you'd want to go that often!
[QUOTE="babybumbleybee"]Cardiff.

Sigh.

i loved it completely and utterly. But i think i'd be mental to chose it over lse or oxford :frown:[/QUOTE

if you love cardiff then you should go there, not just choose somewhere else because of prestige. i went to oxford cos i felt like i'd be mad to turn it down and now i'm about to leave and go somewhere else cos i don't think its worth being miserable just for the sake of having a slightly better degree.
Reply 137
New York University, without a doubt. I was this close to applying, but I will never study there in a million years because of money etc. Boooo :'(.
Reply 138
stephanina
San Francisco is freezing, dirty and littered with homeless people... I love Gavin, hate the city.

A 40 minute drive is still more than most university students have time for. Maybe once in a while, but not, say, weekly.

Is it really that bad? I'd always imagined it as a sunny Seattle (culturally, mostly).
sarbruis
Is it really that bad? I'd always imagined it as a sunny Seattle (culturally, mostly).

She's totally exaggerating, San Francisco's lovely and extremely culturally rich, albeit a bit cold. I loved going into the city, which I did with regular frequency my senior year between social life and job interviews. Monk is pretty spot-on actually as far as the look of the city goes.

Latest

Trending

Trending