Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Is it better to study double science (core and additional ) or triple sciences?

ReputationRep:
    Impo double 😎

ReputationRep:
    If you want to go on to study at least two sciences or more, further after high school or your thinking about it I would strongly recommend you choose triple science

ReputationRep:
    Triple is tougher but is better imo, especially if you want to study Further Science at A levels.

ReputationRep:
    You are so lucky you get the choice. I would say definitely go for triple! I was made to do double science, and it did not turn out well. My physics grade dropped my overall Biology and Chemistry grades. My college refused to let me take Biology because of physics. Ugh!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ibte10)
    Triple is tougher but is better imo, especially if you want to study Further Science at A levels.
    I think triple science is good Cus you get 3 GCSEs but I'm not sure if I can do gcse chemistry and GCSE physics but biology is fine and science I guess

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by clucky_chick)
    You are so lucky you get the choice. I would say definitely go for triple! I was made to do double science, and it did not turn out well. My physics grade dropped my overall Biology and Chemistry grades. My college refused to let me take Biology because of physics. Ugh!
    Oh that's not good

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by glamourprincess)
    I think triple science is good Cus you get 3 GCSEs but I'm not sure if I can do gcse chemistry and GCSE physics but biology is fine and science I guess
    What grades are you currently getting at the moment? Physics is probably the toughest out of the three but a lot of it is applying formulas to answer calculations.

ReputationRep:
    What grades are you currently getting at the moment? Physics is probably the toughest out of the three but a lot of it is applying formulas to answer calculations.
    Basically I'm doing them next academic year and haven't done science GCSEs before only Btecs science which is a pass I was on single science core course at college but was withdrawn because I didn't pass the test in class and I was only in class for like a month so I either do them again at college or do them online which might be better for me

ReputationRep:
    You're so lucky you get to choose what one you want to do! I didn't get to choose so I'm doing double science right now I'd strongly recommend triple science as it would be beneficial for you if you take science A-levels.
    Good luck!

ReputationRep:
    I actually find physics and chemistry easier and more interesting than biology!

ReputationRep:
    It really depends how much time you are willing to spend learning the content and practicing exam questions. Since you havent done GCSEs before i would probably choose Additional as it has easier content.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BhavyaB)
    I actually find physics and chemistry easier and more interesting than biology!
    Physics is interesting but imo it is the toughest. However,my opinion does not apply to everybody..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BhavyaB)
    You're so lucky you get to choose what one you want to do! I didn't get to choose so I'm doing double science right now I'd strongly recommend triple science as it would be beneficial for you if you take science A-levels.
    Good luck!
    Thanks 😊

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by glamourprincess)
    If I understand it correctly (not entirely sure, my school didn't let us do triple), with triple science you get a GCSE for each science. With double you only get Core and Additional science, and both GCSEs are an average of physics, biology and chemistry. So if you struggle with physics and chem they'll pull your overall grade down in double science, whereas in triple you might do badly in physics or chem but you'd get a better grade in biology.

If you want to do science at A level, I'd recommend triple. It just makes things a bit easier.

ReputationRep:
    It really depends how much time you are willing to spend learning the content and practicing exam questions. Since you havent done GCSEs before i would probably choose Additional as it has easier content.
    Oh ok thanks

ReputationRep:
    Physics is interesting but imo it is the toughest. However,my opinion does not apply to everybody..
    Yeah I get that, everyone have their own likes and dislikes.

ReputationRep:
    The only triple science available at college is biology and the rest is core and additional double science and if I did chemistry and physics online with the exam fees would be just about 1,000

ReputationRep:
    Hi there!

Assuming you want to study something science related at further education, Sixth Forms look specifically at your Double Science results. But Triple is a nice addition as it counts as a step-up and can look good on a resume if you can get a good grade.

Good luck!

Leo

ReputationRep:
    I was encouraged to do double science (I initially chose single) but then I regretted not doing triple. I was better at Chemistry and Biology and I always felt like Physics brought me down. Depends if you want to go into science or medicine or something afterwards. I'm now doing English at uni and the only pain I get is putting my GCSEs on my CV and I always think do employers know what core and additional science is?!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
    Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.