Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hey everyone, I am in a slightly unusual situation hence why I had to post a question. I am currently 18 and finishing my business studies course. However, three years ago I have started my A - levels, Biology, Physics and Chemistry. I have studied it in a new Sixth Form. At the end, I found out that me, along with everyone on my course have failed. We have all received U`s in all the subjects.

Thinking that maybe medicine is not for me and that I suck at sciences I have decided to study business for two years. During the two years I could not stop thinking about medicine, I have literally been going to the college areas where biology classrooms were and looking at all the old things again.

I have then spoken to the head of sixth form about switching to a-levels after the first year again, however, she has advised me that I finish the course first.

I would not like to proceed with my a levels and start the qualifications again. However I do know that most medical schools require the a-levels to be taken within the two year frame and with no retakes. This is where my problem arises. Since I have done the course, and not achieved a grade at all, would what I am doing now, the course from the beginning count as a retake?

I do understand that I had ridiculous grades for the a-levels, and realize how much hard work will have to be put into them. I believe I have much matured since I have taken them and I am ready to do what I have to do to achieve the qualifications. I just need you guys to tell me how me doing my a - levels from the beginning would look like for a university. Thanks.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    (Original post by kajojek3232)
    Hey everyone, I am in a slightly unusual situation hence why I had to post a question. I am currently 18 and finishing my business studies course. However, three years ago I have started my A - levels, Biology, Physics and Chemistry. I have studied it in a new Sixth Form. At the end, I found out that me, along with everyone on my course have failed. We have all received U`s in all the subjects.

Thinking that maybe medicine is not for me and that I suck at sciences I have decided to study business for two years. During the two years I could not stop thinking about medicine, I have literally been going to the college areas where biology classrooms were and looking at all the old things again.

I have then spoken to the head of sixth form about switching to a-levels after the first year again, however, she has advised me that I finish the course first.

I would not like to proceed with my a levels and start the qualifications again. However I do know that most medical schools require the a-levels to be taken within the two year frame and with no retakes. This is where my problem arises. Since I have done the course, and not achieved a grade at all, would what I am doing now, the course from the beginning count as a retake?

I do understand that I had ridiculous grades for the a-levels, and realize how much hard work will have to be put into them. I believe I have much matured since I have taken them and I am ready to do what I have to do to achieve the qualifications. I just need you guys to tell me how me doing my a - levels from the beginning would look like for a university. Thanks.

You'll need to contact the unis and find out as these seem like mitigating circumstances if EVERYONE failed and your college should back you up. If you switch to a different syllabus I think you;'re okay but again, enquire at a few unis and see what they say.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.