Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    What's the halls like for City of Glasgow college? i'm going there in September and i'm trying to find somewhere to stay? any opinions on which halls ?

ReputationRep:
    You picked halls yet? I'm also going in September, leaning towards Victoria Halls right now. What are you studying?

ReputationRep:
    Not yet, I'm thinking Buchanan View but not 100% sure yet, i'm going to be doing tv wbu ?!

ReputationRep:
    im going to college in september and thinking of halls, its either that or a flat with my mate. Blackfriars or buchanan view seem like the options though

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pep1108)
    im going to college in september and thinking of halls, its either that or a flat with my mate. Blackfriars or buchanan view seem like the options though
    yeah i'm now thinking blackfriars, it's more in the centre!

ReputationRep:
    is anyone going to the riverside halls

ReputationRep:
    I'm not sure if I should go to riverside or another hall.

ReputationRep:
    student654321 I'm not sure how to reply to the message you sent me but send me contact details and ill reply to anything else. Also the answer to your question is yes i am going to City of Glasgow College. Still undecided about halls i wanna sort it out soon though.. Leaning towards Blackfriars but i want to know if the College ones are any good!

ReputationRep:
    student654321 I'm not sure how to reply to the message you sent me but send me contact details and ill reply to anything else. Also the answer to your question is yes i am going to City of Glasgow College. Still undecided about halls i wanna sort it out soon though.. Leaning towards Blackfriars but i want to know if the College ones are any good!
    Yeah I've booked for blackfriars! What are you studying ?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by student654321)
    Yeah I've booked for blackfriars! What are you studying ?
    nice im gonna book blackfriars aswell i think! Studying computer networks you?

ReputationRep:
    nice im gonna book blackfriars aswell i think! Studying computer networks you?
    aw nice have you booked now ? oh nice one! i'm doing tv production

ReputationRep:
    I myself went to City of Glasgow college last year.

I stayed in the St Lukes halls and saw the Riverside accommodation too. Honest opinion?

Don't.

The St Luke ones were attached to a Premier Inn, as in literally next door to each other. This meant that there was noise complaints all the time. The flats also had rats, mites and were in a shocking state. The rules were relaxed so if you like parties and don't care about fancy rooms maybe this is for you but GOD they are overpriced. You can get a flat for cheaper, seriously.

As for Riverside, they're strict. If you try and stumble in drunk at 11pm they won't let you in. Intoxicated people aren't allowed on the premises. Also, like St Lukes they are costly and you can get a flat for less.

In all honesty, go with Liberty Halls, Victoria Halls or Unite Students (Buchanan View). Much cheaper, more organised, less of a rip off and more central.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brexit voters: Do you stand by your vote?
    Find out more

Accommodation profiles:

Downing Students

Universal Student Living

“Over 25 years of perfecting the student accommodation experience. Downing Students. Accommodation Made for you”

Prodigy Living

Prodigy Living

Accommodation in 15 cities across the UK, with 24 sites providing modern, stylish en suite and studio rooms close to the major universities.

iQ Student Accommodation

iQ Student Accommodation

Great value student rooms in city centre locations all across the UK

X1 Lettings

X1 Lettings

Luxury student accommodation in Liverpool & Manchester.

Collegiate Accommodation

Collegiate Accommodation

"This is student living. Just better."

Scape Student Living

Study Inn

Providing stunning high quality, boutique student accommodation throughout the UK

The Student Housing Company

The Student Housing Company

Award-winning student accommodation across the UK.

Articles:

Student accommodation articles What to take to uniDo I need a TV licence?

Quick link:

Unanswered student accommodation threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.