The Student Room Group

Law Degree or Conversion Course?

I have been planning to apply for Law, but recently loads of people have been saying i should do another course, e.g History and Politics and then do a conversion course. I never thought of this, as I know i eventually want to be a lawyer, but maybe i dont know enough? I could see it as being potentially less competitve and maybe id enjoy it more, but i genuinely dont understand the pros and cons
Any advice?
Original post by TSRFT8
Pros:

- You enjoy the degree (possibly the stupidest advantage as if you dont enjoy learning law you will most likely not enjoy it as a career)

Cons:

- Waste of a year doing GDL
- Waste of money, it is quite expensive
- Is it really worth the effort/money when you could just do a LLB

May i also ask what university you are applying/applied too?? This could also help..

Im applying to Oxford, LSE, Edinburgh, Exeter and Durham

Thats what I thought, just everyone I spoke to was so surprised I wasn't converting instead, thought I was missing out some big secret
its up to you, i did a level law and really enjoyed it so that was me set. however i would make sure you research law before taking it at uni as a lot of people can find some of the stuff dry so make sure you know what you are getting yourself into

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending