Turn on thread page Beta

Law Degree or Conversion Course? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    I have been planning to apply for Law, but recently loads of people have been saying i should do another course, e.g History and Politics and then do a conversion course. I never thought of this, as I know i eventually want to be a lawyer, but maybe i dont know enough? I could see it as being potentially less competitve and maybe id enjoy it more, but i genuinely dont understand the pros and cons
    Any advice?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TSRFT8)
    Pros:

- You enjoy the degree (possibly the stupidest advantage as if you dont enjoy learning law you will most likely not enjoy it as a career)

Cons:

- Waste of a year doing GDL
    - Waste of money, it is quite expensive
    - Is it really worth the effort/money when you could just do a LLB

May i also ask what university you are applying/applied too?? This could also help..
    Im applying to Oxford, LSE, Edinburgh, Exeter and Durham

Thats what I thought, just everyone I spoke to was so surprised I wasn't converting instead, thought I was missing out some big secret

ReputationRep:
    its up to you, i did a level law and really enjoyed it so that was me set. however i would make sure you research law before taking it at uni as a lot of people can find some of the stuff dry so make sure you know what you are getting yourself into

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 25, 2016
Poll
Cats or dogs?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.