Turn on thread page Beta

I'm invited to a friend's party and my ex is gonna be there as well. We haven't seen each other in 2 years and we don't talk anymore via text. Things are going to be very awkward when I see her at the party. I'm still annoyed at how she treated me after we broke up (not going into details but it was unacceptable). Should I be civil and talk to her or should I try to make conversation with her? What can I do?

I meant "Should I be civil and talk to her or should I completely blank her that night?"

(Original post by Anonymous)
    I meant "Should I be civil and talk to her or should I completely blank her that night?"
    Blank dat hoe

ReputationRep:
    Lure her to Gotham's sewers, face her in a fistfight, break her back and send her to a remote prison in the Middle East from which she's unlikely to escape.

ReputationRep:
    Act like she's not there, if she acted super bad after you two broke up I wouldnt give her any attention tbh, its clear you two are over things so let her make the first move if she wants to.

ReputationRep:
    Keep away she's mine

ReputationRep:
    be the mature one. it was two years ago and its not like you still have feelings for her so just be civil.

be nice, don't be an arse otherwise karma will come back and bite you

ReputationRep:
    Go blank her. but it's been 2 years and you seem still hurting of what she did to you.

ReputationRep:
    I wouldn't speak to her. What's the point? you have nothing to say to her, and if she is moody/funny with you then you'll feel stupid

ReputationRep:
    why are you even bothered enough to write this post about her?

If that was me I probably wouldnt even give them attention. If however she approached me or the situation was such that I probably should speak to her (i.e just the 2 of you in the kitchen at the same time getting a drink or something) I might say hi and ask how they are. Thats it, I wouldnt indulge it.

ReputationRep:
    I'm still annoyed at how she treated me after we broke up (not going into details but it was unacceptable).
    Why should you be the one making the effort, if she wasn't treating you right?

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 25, 2016
Poll
Which accompaniment is best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.