Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Too long to make contact after sleeping together? Watch

ReputationRep:
    Slept with a guy for the first and it took him a week to say something. He set up this really nice date, very affectionate afterwards, all that other good stuff. I'm a firm believer that a guy should do the pursuing so I've never reached out him first except for once I believe. As a result we would not talk every day (which I was more than fine with, I'm pretty busy). My friends say that I shouldn't do that, but I still don't think a man should take that long to say something. Isn't that too long?

ReputationRep:
    do you mean like as soon as you had sex, he didn't speak to you at all for a week?
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    As a guy I feel that after a girl gives you her virginity, the least you can do is after she gets home is to say " i had a good time, hope you're ok'

Even a small message goes a long way even if you dont want something long term. Guys have lost how to be a gentlemen these days!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Darien91)
    do you mean like as soon as you had sex, he didn't speak to you at all for a week?
    Well he set up a really nice date, stayed the night, we cuddled, talked, he kept kissing me afterwards, forehead kissed, for a while. Eventually he dropped me off, kissed me goodbye, and then I just got out of the car. He eventually did say something but it just took him a week, which I'm not sure how I feel about it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sachinisgod)
    As a guy I feel that after a girl gives you her virginity, the least you can do is after she gets home is to say " i had a good time, hope you're ok'

Even a small message goes a long way even if you dont want something long term. Guys have lost how to be a gentlemen these days!
    Well it wasn't my virginity lol but I still think this should be applied to any girl you sleep with.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by mojones)
    Well it wasn't my virginity lol but I still think this should be applied to any girl you sleep with.
    Its strange that after making all the effort he wouldnt talk to you for a week.

Unless you both had decided it was just a casual thing? I may be wrong

ReputationRep:
    Tbf he's probably saying the same. He might be saying "I waited for a week but she didn't say anything, so I texted her". You could easily have texted him but your outdated principles that say only a man should initiate contact means you didn't get a response for a week. If you wanted to talk to him that badly you should have done.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sachinisgod)
    Its strange that after making all the effort he wouldnt talk to you for a week.

Unless you both had decided it was just a casual thing? I may be wrong
    Right? I figured a guy who just wants to sleep with girl wouldn't want to kiss her forehead and cuddle; pretty much just be affectionate afterwards. Even though I know sometimes guys have that 'moment of clarity' lol right after sex and realize they're not interested in the girl like they thought they were but again, I feel like if that was the case, why be so affectionate afterwards?

So may be he's just an idiot?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by georgiaswift)
    Tbf he's probably saying the same. He might be saying "I waited for a week but she didn't say anything, so I texted her". You could easily have texted him but your outdated principles that say only a man should initiate contact means you didn't get a response for a week. If you wanted to talk to him that badly you should have done.
    Yes, but I feel like a man knows that after sleeping with a girl for the first time he should say something. I swear that's an unspoken rule lol.

ReputationRep:
    Yes, but I feel like a man knows that after sleeping with a girl for the first time he should say something. I swear that's an unspoken rule lol.
    No, it's not. You could have made contact with him but you didn't, so you can't complain that he took too long to contact you when you didn't bother to contact him at all.

ReputationRep:
    i think maybe he thinks the same about you. he showed you he's interested in you and he's expecting a sign back from you but your not showing it to him.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mkap)
    i think maybe he thinks the same about you. he showed you he's interested in you and he's expecting a sign back from you but your not showing it to him.
    Could be testing the waters to see if you are interested enough to get in contact first. The guy should take responsibility for this, I don't see why he wouldn't anyway, it's far easier to take responsibility for things than passively sit by and play games like this.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Lol it seems that both of you should have kept the conversation going after you slept together

ReputationRep:
    I think you're thinking a bit old fashioned. I totally understand the whole let the boy persue thing but he can't be the one always making conversation or he'll soon think you aren't interested.

ReputationRep:
    Slept with a guy for the first and it took him a week to say something. He set up this really nice date, very affectionate afterwards, all that other good stuff. I'm a firm believer that a guy should do the pursuing so I've never reached out him first except for once I believe. As a result we would not talk every day (which I was more than fine with, I'm pretty busy). My friends say that I shouldn't do that, but I still don't think a man should take that long to say something. Isn't that too long?
    Which era are you from? 60's?

Duh, equality and that ****. You message or don't. Don't expect guys to sit around, plenty more corn in the ****. Your friends seem to reside in 2016, you should move into it too...

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 25, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Have you ever participated in a Secret Santa?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.