Turn on thread page Beta
    • Thread Starter

    Hi, i'm posting this on behalf of my fiance..

    He's 18 (19 when the course starts in september) and is hoping to do an Access course to Criminology Part time. Currently he receives JSA. I know he'll be entitled to JSA but will he be entitled to anything else for being a student? I.e grants and bursary, as we were going to move in together and he'll be living away from home.


    There isn't anything you can get from student finance apart from the course fees until he starts uni. Individual colleges might have some form of financial help available but you need to be in higher education for a maintenance loan from the govt.
The home of Results and Clearing


people online now


students helped last year

University open days

  1. Sheffield Hallam University
    City Campus Undergraduate
    Tue, 21 Aug '18
  2. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 22 Aug '18
  3. University of Buckingham
    Postgraduate Open Evening Postgraduate
    Thu, 23 Aug '18
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.