Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    particularly for specialities (4th year) when the topics can be so broad - how do you know what to focus on for in Paeds & Obs&Gynae. Any resources that people have found particularly useful?

And how do you go about - read around the topics first then practice on peers etc? what are you studying techniques?

ReputationRep:
    Personally I have two separate trails of revision initially.
    1-knowledge. So I spend the time in the books understanding the conditions knowing what I'd be expecting to find on examination and the treatment etc (important for any questions you may get after the examination!)

2-The performance. Secondly I spend time running through what I'll say and do during the osce itself. Making sure that I know what comes next at all times so in the actual exam I don't have to think about it.

Then finally you try and put it all together. So you say for example, what would I expect to find in condition X and then imagine you're finding these signs when practising and also practice summarising to the examiner.

Good luck!

Poll
Who is your favourite TV detective?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.