Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi, what would current or graduated students from RVC recommend for accommodation, College Grove or Mary Brancker House and why?
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    I'm a current student, although I live at neither of those places.

College Grove
    • Super convenient. You can get up as late as possible and it's never a problem if you accidentally leave something at home.
    • Mainly it's international students who live there, so bear that in mind. Internationals arrive at the college a couple of weeks before everyone else to get settled into London, so they all made friends and then apparently it was a little harder for others to fit in when they arrived.
    • Super close to the cows and ponies!
    • You can go home for lunch/naps even when gaps between classes are short
    • Good location. Camden high street (Lidl, all the banks, Waitrose, M&S, Boots... everything pretty much) is about 5 mins away, Sainsbury's is about 10 mins away)
    • Seems more 'homey' than other accommodations in my opinion, due to the layouts of the flats
    • Closer to more stations than Mary B

Mary B
    • Biggest student accommodation that's purely for vets, so it's really social
    • Walk to college doesn't take long (20 mins ish if you dawdle a bit), or there's a bus
    • Practically on the high street, which has even more selection than Camden high street in terms of buying day to day things

Personally, I put Mary B as my first choice (purely for the social aspect to be honest), followed by College Grove. I didn't get either of them due to already living in London and being low priority, though

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Little Tail Chaser)
    I'm a current student, although I live at neither of those places.

College Grove
    • Super convenient. You can get up as late as possible and it's never a problem if you accidentally leave something at home.
    • Mainly it's international students who live there, so bear that in mind. Internationals arrive at the college a couple of weeks before everyone else to get settled into London, so they all made friends and then apparently it was a little harder for others to fit in when they arrived.
    • Super close to the cows and ponies!
    • You can go home for lunch/naps even when gaps between classes are short
    • Good location. Camden high street (Lidl, all the banks, Waitrose, M&S, Boots... everything pretty much) is about 5 mins away, Sainsbury's is about 10 mins away)
    • Seems more 'homey' than other accommodations in my opinion, due to the layouts of the flats
    • Closer to more stations than Mary B

Mary B
    • Biggest student accommodation that's purely for vets, so it's really social
    • Walk to college doesn't take long (20 mins ish if you dawdle a bit), or there's a bus
    • Practically on the high street, which has even more selection than Camden high street in terms of buying day to day things

Personally, I put Mary B as my first choice (purely for the social aspect to be honest), followed by College Grove. I didn't get either of them due to already living in London and being low priority, though
    Thank you very much that is extremely helpful, haha your swaying me to Mary B , with my original choice due the common room etc. All my tutors are telling me how tight budget is, with Mary B being more expensive any suggestion to finance haha?

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.