Turn on thread page Beta

Applying for graduate jobs watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    I've tried unsuccessfully for 6 months to get a graduate job, however the job centre seam to think I must have a terrible CV despite my peers suggesting it's a good CV.
    Is it normal to not get even an interview within 6 months of trying?
    Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by si82)
    I've tried unsuccessfully for 6 months to get a graduate job, however the job centre seam to think I must have a terrible CV despite my pears suggesting it's a good CV.
    Posted from TSR Mobile
    I think your problem is that you're getting the opinion of fruits instead of humans...

ReputationRep:
    maybe it's time to change your CV as it's not working for you
    • Community Assistant
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    CV Helper
    (Original post by si82)
    I've tried unsuccessfully for 6 months to get a graduate job, however the job centre seam to think I must have a terrible CV despite my peers suggesting it's a good CV.
    Posted from TSR Mobile
    Your peers aren't employers and are unlikely to know what makes an effective CV, even if they have got a job themselves. Though taking CV advice from the Job Centre is even less effective. However, it is your CV, it can't be anything else as that is all employers have to go on. Use your University Careers service (or TSR's CV Help forum!)

ReputationRep:
    You need to make sure that in each application your cv is tailored to suit the position you are going for. Are you doing this? If you are applying for graduate jobs hen you also must be completing lots of application forms. How are those going?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by si82)
    Posted from TSR Mobile
    seem. Sorry to appear pedantic but spelling matters a lot to employers and I've read countless times they won't consider applications with spelling mistakes. I agree with others that your Peers aren't best placed to judge your CV. Even if its been 6 months since you left uni your uni careers service should still be able to help you. And remember its more than just your CV- the cover letter or application form you send it counts a big deal too. It definitely isn't normal to have not had an interview.

ReputationRep:
    thanks

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    they take me 5-8 hours each application although I don't usually find more than 3 grad schemes a week up north

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    perhaps you're right

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Get your cv written by a professional.... I've gotten tons of interviews through my cv.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by si82)
    Posted from TSR Mobile
    Send your CV to professional CV writer like CVstore, they will make your CV in professional way and I guarantee, you will get interviews.

Poll
Could you cope without Wifi?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.