Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Assuming you were given two offers from two different companies:

Offer one:
    - You will be in charge of a number of developers, which grants you the top most position of the team
    - You will also be given a lot of decision making abilities that you believe would benefit you professionally
    - Your salary is acceptable in your views
    - Growing and stable

Offer two:
    - You're just a normal developer
    - Your salary is better (probably way better) than the first offer
    - You won't have much authorisation as the first offer but you can advice the senior developers
    - You'll be working for a very large and established corporation, known throughout the world

Which one will you choose?

ReputationRep:
    I think it would depend on whether or not I was happy managing a team, and how long I had been a developer.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by barnetlad)
    I think it would depend on whether or not I was happy managing a team, and how long I had been a developer.
    If you had the experience? Would money and company's image influence you more or is the interest itself will?

ReputationRep:
    Based on my own experience, I would choose the first. I have gained much more varied experience as a result and now I'm at a very comfortable stage in life where I can transition to another job if I wanted to, and get tucked in seamlessly.

ReputationRep:
    One

How old are you?

Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.