Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Straighthate)
    truth is OP is far from lonely
    she has loved ones etc and friends so objectively she is far from lonely

stop being dumb
    My boyfriend lives in Manchester. That's about 200 miles from London? I've explained the friends I have at uni on campus go home soon as the lecture week is over so I'm literally here all weekend with no one. Did you actually read the post?!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lawbringer)
    If you are catered maybe try talking to people in the lunch halls?
    Nope, I'm not the uni is more of a local uni so everyone kinda has their own friends and goes home 😂

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AdorableDrip)
    Nope, I'm not the uni is more of a local uni so everyone kinda has their own friends and goes home 😂

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Ahh I see exactly where you are coming from. Sadly, I have no idea, but maybe you could as health professional such as a doctor and discuss problems with them, if they have time, which GPs seem to never have lol.

ReputationRep:
    It is only for a (relatively brief) period anyway. I would consider what my employment and income prospects would be after graduation. I was in a chat room, where one lass was doing a course in "English Literature and [something else - can't remember]". It turned out her "best mate" in college had done the same course, and ended up working in McDonalds, unable to get any other job. Fortunately, the chat room arrival had just started, so she was able to switch to IT. Good luck!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Straighthate)
    depression is not being sad for a bit whilst your bf is away
    depression is a clinical illness that is crippling, you simply cant compare being temporarily soppy with a disease that causes people to end their lives, which im sure OP doesnt have
    Hi, okay this is the last I will converse with you. I'm not comparing feeling lonely with having depression haha. I am very familiar with depression, it's not something I do not understand and it's certainly not something I would ever take lightly. One of my closest friends has just dropped out of medicine because of it. I was simply making the point that you have an issue with empathy. I've come across someone in the past who literally didn't believe depression exists, which I think was due to their own inability to empathise with people; that was what your horrible unempathetic approach and reply to this individual reminded me of. That was why I brought depression up, sorry if that confused you. I wish you well in the future 'Straighthate' and hopefully you can stop commenting online and trying to make people already feeling **** feel even *****er.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AdorableDrip)
    I'm in my first year but transferring universities next year and I've got friends in the area so I have that to fall back on I guess but I made an effort at the start of the year but I guess people change over the year and go their own ways really, but next year will be the one 💪🏼

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Next year will be so much better when you transfer! Try to maintain contact with your closest friends in the meantime and confide how you're feeling in them, maybe try another GP aswell.

ReputationRep:
    I'm just as lonely. Mildly depressed too. Hopefully it will get better for you, as I hope it will for me too. Good luck, just know you are not alone in what you are going through.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by phantzm)
    I'm just as lonely. Mildly depressed too. Hopefully it will get better for you, as I hope it will for me too. Good luck, just know you are not alone in what you are going through.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Thank you very much! I hope it goes well for you! If you ever need someone to chat to, just message me I'm sure we could both use the support

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    to consider dropping off because of loneliness makes me cringe. Are you sure you are normal?
    Get over yourself and live with the fact you can't see your boyfriend everyday, even if you do see him everyday, it may spoil the relationship. I am sure you are not a nympho?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by studentrichard)
    to consider dropping off because of loneliness makes me cringe. Are you sure you are normal?
    Get over yourself and live with the fact you can't see your boyfriend everyday, even if you do see him everyday, it may spoil the relationship. I am sure you are not a nympho? Do you even study at all? What is your discipline?
    Get over yourself and live with the fact you can't see your boyfriend everyday, even if you do see him everyday, it may spoil the relationship. I am sure you are not a nympho? Do you even study at all? What is your discipline?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.