Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

I need help urgently and don't know where to turn :( Watch

ReputationRep:
    Hi guys,

I have just signed up as I don't know where to turn and wondering if anyone more fortunate could help,at least with some advice.

I have £20 credit card bill that is so overdue I'm been threatened by the card company. I have tried to contact my parents on several occasions and don't know if i can ask any friends to help.

I applied for a line of credit through paypal to try and pay it off but you have to be 25 to use that.

help appreciated

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pri_Fridge1)
    Hi guys,

I have just signed up as I don't know where to turn and wondering if anyone more fortunate could help,at least with some advice.

I have £20 credit card bill that is so overdue I'm been threatened by the card company. I have tried to contact my parents on several occasions and don't know if i can ask any friends to help.

I applied for a line of credit through paypal to try and pay it off but you have to be 25 to use that.

help appreciated
    If it's £20 that you need to pay then I'd say ask your parents or a friend to borrow it. If they ask why just be honest. If you feel that can't tell them then make up an excuse.

ReputationRep:
    Hi guys,

help appreciated
    Do you have no money at all? how are you eating?
    i'd say borrow money from friends £5-10 each

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EdwardBarfield9)
    If it's £20 that you need to pay then I'd say ask your parents or a friend to borrow it. If they ask why just be honest. If you feel that can't tell them then make up an excuse.
    Thansk for your response - my parents are in Vietnam on holiday that's why I can't get hold of them, and I don't have many friends - i'm very shy. The 2 good freinds I do have aren't answering for love nor money. Im completely scared.

ReputationRep:
    Thansk for your response - my parents are in Vietnam on holiday that's why I can't get hold of them, and I don't have many friends - i'm very shy. The 2 good freinds I do have aren't answering for love nor money. Im completely scared.
    Is there anyone else you could ask? Maybe sell something if need be

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Oilfreak1)
    Do you have no money at all? how are you eating?
    i'd say borrow money from friends £5-10 each
    Currently, on stuff from the food bank, I get my monthly money on the 1st of each month.

ReputationRep:
    Hi guys,

help appreciated
    You need to call the card company and explain the situation. Getting into debt is never a good idea. They will probably give you a few days grace to pay but if you don't contact them, they will never know

ReputationRep:
    lol you have no money left - what do they expect you're going to give them?
    I once got so broke that I had -£5 in my account
    I was so poor that I couldn't afford to be broke

ReputationRep:
    I know, i rung the card company and today is the last day of the 'grace period' - account goes into arrears if not paid today.

Nothing of value to sell, nothing that i can sell and get money by end of today anyway

ReputationRep:
    Make an arrangement with them, borrow £10 off a friend and tell the card company that you only have £10 right now. In 2 weeks you will pay the other £10. They would much rather have some money than waste money outsourcing the tiny amount of debt.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.