Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    So i'm going to be applying to study med at the university of Plovdiv in Bulgaria and I want to find other students who could be potential room mates.
    Details about me:
    My names Huzaifah
    I'm 18 ( going to be 19 this year)
    I live In a town called Blackburn
    I'm an asian muslim.

ReputationRep:
    If you don't mind me asking, what were your ALevels?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by adesola15)
    If you don't mind me asking, what were your ALevels?
    Well ive already got a b in maths at A level and im predicted A* in psychology and 2 A's in chem and bio

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HuzaifahN)
    Well ive already got a b in maths at A level and im predicted A* in psychology and 2 A's in chem and bio
    Why don't you go for a UK uni?, those are good grades.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by adesola15)
    Why don't you go for a UK uni?, those are good grades.
    First of all, I'm a resit and secondly I've only got Liverpool left and they're probably gunna reject me. . What about you?

ReputationRep:
    First of all, I'm a resit and secondly I've only got Liverpool left and they're probably gunna reject me. . What about you?
    I'm still doing ASs.
    But I know people going to Bulgaria/Romania, so was just looking at other people's reasons. :teehee:

ReputationRep:
    I think the only reason is because people haven't got into medical school here or they think they wont be accepted so rather than stressing about it they just apply abroad.

ReputationRep:
    I think the only reason is because people haven't got into medical school here or they think they wont be accepted so rather than stressing about it they just apply abroad.
    Ok, well good luck, and sorry for highjacking your thread.

ReputationRep:
    Recently posted on another forum about this uni. Only go there if you want to bribe your way to a degree and he laughed at when trying to get a job.

Name:  image.png
Views: 401
Size:  178.2 KB

ReputationRep:
    Some interesting reading here about Bulgarian education

http://www.novinite.com/view_news.php?id=141661

ReputationRep:
    Thanks for the information but to be honest I don't think iv'e got a choice when it comes to going Bulgaria. :/

ReputationRep:
    Thanks for the information but to be honest I don't think iv'e got a choice when it comes to going Bulgaria. :/
    Of course you have a choice. So far the only Bulgarian university I have seen that is worth going to is Pleven but there are many other options across Europe.

ReputationRep:
    I honestly don't know. The only reason why I know about Plovdiv is because my Ex-gf goes there. Thinking about where to go makes me stressed out. I want to go somewhere where i'll be comfortable and would be able to spend 6 years of my life there.

ReputationRep:
    I honestly don't know. The only reason why I know about Plovdiv is because my Ex-gf goes there. Thinking about where to go makes me stressed out. I want to go somewhere where i'll be comfortable and would be able to spend 6 years of my life there.
    Hey, have you applied yet? Did you use an agency? How do you feel about taking the step to go and study abroad?

I'm considering Bulgaria as one of my options and being an Asian Muslim girl myself, it's quite a big step for both me and my family but exciting too!

I've heard that most people find it easy to fit in at Plovdiv so I'm sure you'll be comfortable there but make sure you research everything properly so you don't have any regrets later 😃 good luck

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by miss_shezza)
    Hey, have you applied yet? Did you use an agency? How do you feel about taking the step to go and study abroad?

I'm considering Bulgaria as one of my options and being an Asian Muslim girl myself, it's quite a big step for both me and my family but exciting too!

I've heard that most people find it easy to fit in at Plovdiv so I'm sure you'll be comfortable there but make sure you research everything properly so you don't have any regrets later 😃 good luck
    One big reason NOT to go to Plovdiv.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Plovdi...ty#Controversy

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cooliomed)
    One big reason NOT to go to Plovdiv.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Plovdi...ty#Controversy
    Do you investigate uni's or something?? 😭

ReputationRep:
    Do you investigate uni's or something?? 😭
    Well if I am going to spend six years somewhere and spend my parents money I wanted to find out every little dirty secret and it was very interesting what I found.

Even government documented evidence of bribing at Sofia.

http://www.anticorruption.bg/index.php?id=917

This is why Czech was my first choice and then Pleven a fifth. If a university has to buy an award that tells me all i need to know so Plovdiv was in the bin after doing a little research.

ReputationRep:
    Have you thought about any other countries?
    The Netherlands, France, Switzerland and Germany all have pretty reputable universities.
    It's worth having a look in case you find somewhere that you like more.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NekoAngel13)
    Have you thought about any other countries?
    The Netherlands, France, Switzerland and Germany all have pretty reputable universities.
    It's worth having a look in case you find somewhere that you like more.
    They don't teach medicine in English in those countries.

ReputationRep:

I haven't applied yet and i'm thinking of using sme. What agency are you using? It is exciting but I wake up every morning thinking about it with a cold shivery feeling. I made this thread to make a few possible friends who may be applying to the same uni. So far i'm thinking plovdiv or pleven.
    Fanks and goodluck to you tooooooooo.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.