Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
    • Political Ambassador
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Welcome Squad
    (Original post by ravioliyears)
    x
    Again, an amazing blog post. <3 I also try and do random acts of kindness, so many people struggle in daily life and if one person can make them smile, it makes me feel happy. Love you! :hugs:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Matrix123)
    This was a fantastic post! It was really inspirational, thank you for that I'm glad you managed to get through that and have been a bit more confident about yourself :yep: This was such a lovely message and thumbs up for the whole thing! :top:
    Thanks, good luck with revision to you too and I hope you are also enjoying your bank holiday weekend
    Thank you so much for your kind response :hugs:

ReputationRep:
    Thank you so much for your kind response :hugs:
    You're very welcome :hugs:

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    ravioliyears thank you for tagging!
    That was really interesting to read, thank you so much for posting such a positive message :five: it is very inspiring!

ReputationRep:
    I am a ulcerative colitis sufferer for 2 years now and have had enough of it. I am having surgery in 2 months time
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    Lovely post good to hear that your self esteem is improving.

I'll have a look out for the Random Acts of Kindess that I can do. :borat:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sdotd)
    I am a ulcerative colitis sufferer for 2 years now and have had enough of it. I am having surgery in 2 months time
    :hugs: Are you getting an ileostomy done?

(Original post by SeanFM)
    Lovely post good to hear that your self esteem is improving.

I'll have a look out for the Random Acts of Kindess that I can do. :borat:
    :woo:

ReputationRep:
    :hugs: Are you getting an ileostomy done?

:woo:
    Im having a j pouch in 3 steps.

I havent read the whole thread but how is your situation at the moment?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sdotd)
    Im having a j pouch in 3 steps.

I havent read the whole thread but how is your situation at the moment?
    Oh

I'm in remission and haven't had a flare yet, but the tought of it scares me. What medication are you on, if you don't mind me asking?

ReputationRep:
    Love the positivity in your latest post! When do exams start for you?

Missing your old avatar btw. If that's Chucky, I have a crippling fear of him...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ayman!)
    Love the positivity in your latest post! When do exams start for you?

Missing your old avatar btw. If that's Chucky, I have a crippling fear of him...
    Thank you! First exam is on the 18th of May.

Missing yours too

ReputationRep:
    Oh

I'm in remission and haven't had a flare yet, but the tought of it scares me. What medication are you on, if you don't mind me asking?

Ive been flaring on and off for the last 2 years and have tried various medication. My last flare was very bad as I collapsed at home in the middle of the night and woke up in A&E. A week later when it looked like i was on the mend. I collapsed in hospital in the middle of the night while losing 6 pints of blood. I luckily collapsed on the hospital alarm which alerted the nurses and possibly saved my life. I am now in imflixamab which was working well but looks like it no longer works so will be having surgery which im actually looking forward to.

What medication are you on?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sdotd)
    Ive been flaring on and off for the last 2 years and have tried various medication. My last flare was very bad as I collapsed at home in the middle of the night and woke up in A&E. A week later when it looked like i was on the mend. I collapsed in hospital in the middle of the night while losing 6 pints of blood. I luckily collapsed on the hospital alarm which alerted the nurses and possibly saved my life. I am now in imflixamab which was working well but looks like it no longer works so will be having surgery which im actually looking forward to.

What medication are you on?
    Oh wow. I'm on octasa thrice daily and cholecalciferol 40,000 IU a week.

ReputationRep:
    Dearest Ravioli,

I didn't get a chance to read this fully until now, and I just want to say that I had tears in my eyes by the end of this. This is not an exaggeration. I really wish I could might you right now, and give you a massive hug.

I love you. You are so strong and beautiful.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ||TheUnknown||)
    Dearest Ravioli,

I didn't get a chance to read this fully until now, and I just want to say that I had tears in my eyes by the end of this. This is not an exaggeration. I really wish I could might you right now, and give you a massive hug.

I love you. You are so strong and beautiful.
    Lysm, M x :lovehug: :penguinhug:

ReputationRep:
    Oh wow. I'm on octasa thrice daily and cholecalciferol 40,000 IU a week.
    Ah yes i have been on octasa. Didnt work for me but im glad you are not flaring.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sdotd)
    Ah yes i have been on octasa. Didnt work for me but im glad you are not flaring.
    How old were you when you got diagnosed? Yeah, me too but the thought of experiencing a flare is just so damn scary because I hated what I experienced before I was diagnosed.

ReputationRep:
    How old were you when you got diagnosed? Yeah, me too but the thought of experiencing a flare is just so damn scary because I hated what I experienced before I was diagnosed.
    I was diagnosed 2 years ago when I was 17. It has put my life on hold so surgery for me is needed.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sdotd)
    I was diagnosed 2 years ago when I was 17. It has put my life on hold so surgery for me is needed.
    Sorry to hear that
    • Study Helper
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Study Helper
    Welcome Squad
    ravioliyears, it's stuff like this that makes me think humanity may still have hope

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
    Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered creative corner threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.