Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Great post, Ravioli

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ravioliyears)
    World IBD Day 2016 and Random Acts Of Kindness

Thanks for reading,
    ravioli
    I wanted to rep you but it wouldn't let me! This is so sweet. I understand what you mean with the self-esteem and chronic conditions. I'm so glad that you're more confident in yourself now :hugs:

Good luck with the revision, too, and I hope you've enjoyed your bank holiday! xxx

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by moment of truth)
    Great post, Ravioli
    Thank you!

(Original post by ChemicalBond)
    I wanted to rep you but it wouldn't let me! This is so sweet. I understand what you mean with the self-esteem and chronic conditions. I'm so glad that you're more confident in yourself now :hugs:

Good luck with the revision, too, and I hope you've enjoyed your bank holiday! xxx
    Aww TSR won't let you love me lol. Thank you - I am too haha Thanks - I'm wishing myself luck for the revision too :laugh: xx

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Andy98)
    ravioliyears, it's stuff like this that makes me think humanity may still have hope
    Apologies for the late reply, Andy.

Ikr! The smallest things could really make a big difference.
    • Study Helper
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Apologies for the late reply, Andy.

Ikr! The smallest things could really make a big difference.
    Indeed, maybe one day people will realise this and stop blowing each other up (says the guy who just came off an Army Cadet exercise)

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Just read your recent post again, mostly because I was feeling really crap and your words really helped raise my confidence levels so thank you for that

It just got me thinking that it's weird how we, as people, have the ability to become incredibly insecure of ourselves, and that in turn can really have a damaging affect on our health. Some days we feel like crap, but others we feel like we're on top of the world.

Anyways, enough of my rambling, I'm really happy that you're starting to become a happier person, the way you wrote that was really motivational and its so great to see something positive happening (wow, that was really badly worded...)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cookiemonster15)
    Just read your recent post again, mostly because I was feeling really crap and your words really helped raise my confidence levels so thank you for that

It just got me thinking that it's weird how we, as people, have the ability to become incredibly insecure of ourselves, and that in turn can really have a damaging affect on our health. Some days we feel like crap, but others we feel like we're on top of the world.

Anyways, enough of my rambling, I'm really happy that you're starting to become a happier person, the way you wrote that was really motivational and its so great to see something positive happening (wow, that was really badly worded...)

Haha really? I'm glad that it does - there's no need to thank me at all.

Haha no it wasn't! I completely agree with you - small things trigger us to feel a different way in a split second. You weren't rambling, dw. But, feel free to if you need to - don't keep it in. I know from experience that its not something we should do yet we do it anyway even though we know how much pain it may cause.

Feel free to PM me if you don't want to ramble on the thread - PMs are always open

Hope you're well, cookiemonster :hugs:
    • TSR Support Team
    • Peer Support Volunteers
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    Heya blog readers! :hi:

At OP's request, I'm going to go ahead and close this thread!

Cheers!
    Ethan
    • TSR Support Team
    • Peer Support Volunteers
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by iEthan)
    Heya blog readers! :hi:

At OP's request, I'm going to go ahead and close this thread!

Cheers!
    Ethan
    Spoiler:
    Show
    Quoting myself because

Hey everyone :hi:

Ravioli has asked me to open up her blog, so that's what I'm doing! :woo:

Cheers!
    Ethan
    Spoiler:
    Show

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by iEthan)
    Spoiler:
    Show
    Quoting myself because

Hey everyone :hi:

Ravioli has asked me to open up her blog, so that's what I'm doing! :woo:

Cheers!
    Ethan
    Spoiler:
    Show
    Thanks Ethan

ReputationRep:
    Hi all! Hope you're all well. I'm so sorry for not posting in so long bc of exams and revision - I know there are still some exams going on so I wish you all the very best of luck.

Warning - This next post may be upsetting there are no upsetting pictures or anything just I find it difficult to talk about and comprehend. For those of you who I've already spoken to about this, I'm so sorry that you have to read something similar again.

It may not make some sense because I wanted to say a lot of things lol, and I've tried not to make the post too long.
    Spoiler:
    Show

I am a Broken Person

Before you being reading, please read my About Me so you kind of have an understanding

Admitting that you are broken is hard - realising that you're in the same place as you were before, even if you were going through something much worse then than now. I'm experiencing a lot of psychological pain that I'm starting to find difficult to hide. I feel the need to talk to a lot more to people irl but I just can't seem to get the words out of my mouth. It's embarassing - and I feel embarassed. All of the **** that's going on in my life rn, I can't handle - and as some of you know - all of it is on top of my IBD and has nothing to do with it. Its all piling on like a ton of bricks and for a small person, I have a lot of weight on my shoulders (probably explains why I'm so short :lol:).

I'm not okay - please stop saying that I am because 'I look fine'. Trust me. I want to explain what is going and there's a reason why I seem okay. Don't you think I would've explained it by now? Don't think there's a reason as to why I'm not telling you what's going on? Come on. You're supposed to be a mate, have some sense please? 'Why are you taking medicine for?' Hm. How do I respond to this? 'Because I'll die without them.' <<< Possibly the easiest response I could give to someone. Stop pissing me off. You're supposed ot be a mate. I understand that you're only asking because you want to know more, but understand that maybe I don't want to tell you anything? Maybe because I won't be able to contain any tears when I start talking about it? Well, if I tell you and start crying, I'll be accused of being an attention seeker - so I'm okay. 'Why are you so skinny? You should eat more. Why aren't you eating anything'. Shut up. Just please be quiet. Why do you think I want to be like this? I DON'T WANT TO BE LIKE THIS. I can't emphasise this enough. I. DON'T. WANT. TO. BE. LIKE. THIS. Leave me alone before I lose a bit more of my mind.

AAAANNNNNDDDDD I'm back to my whining again.

Whenever I say that to someone, they just say 'no its fine. We're here to listen. You can talk to me if you want. I'm here for you. You know where I am. I'll try giving you advice. I'll support you if I can' and I don't mean to be disrespectful but I just feel like they're saying that out of sympathy. And I know that a lot of people out there do just to seem supportive. But thats not what I want. I want a friend who will just sit there and listen to me. Listen to how I feel. Not try and give me ways of overcoming my emotional pain because to be honest thats my own problem that I need to try and overcome myself. I need someone who will let me talk. I need someone who will just let me cry rather then just make sure I keep it in. It doesn't work. Stop trying to make it seem that not crying won't. If I want to cry, I want to ****ing cry. Leave me be.

Why do I feel embarassed? Well. I can't really talk to someone about what symptoms I get, can I? It's disgusting to talk about. I can't exactly go up to someone and talk about what things I've experienced in that past and what I most likely to experience in the future. As soon as someone hears the word 'disease' in a medical illness, they instantly think of the word 'contagious'. You would think that 16-18 year olds would be mature enough to understand what people experience in life but nope, obviously not. 'You have a disease? Is it contagious?'

There's so much crap going on at home and I genuinely feel that this thing that is going on (some of you know what this is) has stopped me form performing my best from exams. No matter how much I try to get it off my mind, I just can't. It won't piss off. Its killing me inside. Forget that - finding out that you most likely have another condition on top of your IBD at your latest hospital appointment is even worse. Lmao, when I found out I tried not to cry in front of my nurse - and I didn't until I got home. Oooo I forgot to mention, my IBD can also cause other medical conditions - which I'm just over the moon about :ahee: obviously.

I feel like crap. And I feel weak. I don't know how to stop it. It's not like I've not been told about it all - I was warned so I don't know why I'm complaining. But I guess its just depending on how people can take it - how long it takes for you to actually get used to it. I mean, I've spending over a year sulking about something that I have to get used to - and 5 months of that time I didn't speak to anyone - I basically stopped talking to friends. Why I'm not getting used to it - I don't know myself. It's about time, right? I'm always telling myself 'ravioli - what the **** is wrong you. Get over it already. If you can't get used to it now, how will you cope at uni? When no-one is at home?' Thinking like that, I feel like I'm beating myself up, and so many of you may be thinking that I am. But, it's true and I can't help it. I'm a broken person. And its going to take a lot of glue to get me back together again.

Thanks for reading
    ravioli

EDIT: There are a lot grammatical and spelling mistakes so sorry!
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    x
    That has been quite insightful.

:hugs:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SeanFM)
    That has been quite insightful.

Haha thanks Sean

ReputationRep:
    x
    After reading through that, I don't think there is much I can say to make you feel better. But, what I do know is that you are such a lovely and beautiful person, and you don't deserve this. :hugs: Please just know that I think that you are so brave and strong, and that I admire you a lot. x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ||TheUnknown||)
    After reading through that, I don't think there is much I can say to make you feel better. But, what I do know is that you are such a lovely and beautiful person, and you don't deserve this. :hugs: Please just know that I think that you are so brave and strong, and that I admire you a lot. x
    Thank you so much for reading, M. I know you have an exam on Monday - good luck with it :hugs:

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Are unpaid trial work shifts fair?
    Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered creative corner threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.