Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ravioliyears)
    Positivity

Once again, apologies for not posting in so long! This post will be on positivity- or at least I will try and make sure it is- and how I try and ensure that I don’t let my UC beat me down as I walk through college gates every day. If I’m completely honest. I really do need this, as I can tell that I won’t be in a good state this week. You know why? It’s because a week from today, it will be a year since I was diagnosed with UC. Who does that? Keeps a track record of when she went to hospital, when she gets her diagnosis etc. Well. I do. I do that. ‘Doesn’t it make you feel worse thinking about it?’ was a question that I was asked this week. And the answer to this that question is no. No it doesn’t. In fact (I don’t know how to put this to words), it makes me feel a whole more lighter….? Don’t know if that’s a correct term to use.

This is because I have been suffering for UC a year. A YEAR. May not seem like a long time, but that’s 365 days. 9760 hours. 525600 minutes for God’s sake. And throughout that time, I have had an a lot of needles stuck in me, several journeys to the hospital 1095 800mg tablets only for my UC, 730 Calcium Tablets and 365 Iron Tablets.

Right. Wow.

That’s a lot of tablets

And, an infinite number of tears.

When I cry at school, I get an expected response. There are some people who don’t say anything because they don’t know me and I don’t know them. Then there are a lot of people who crowd around you and begin asking you questions. Then there are the ******* ***** who think you’re crying for the hell of it because ‘you seemed fine before’. And there are my friends, who know that all they need to do is give me a hug and/or leave me alone and let me breathe. And I love them for knowing that that is all that I need.

So how will I make sure that I’ll be positive this week? I don’t know. I really don’t know. I can feel that I will cry this week. I just know it. And perhaps this week I may not be the most bubbly or positive person as I usually am but **** it.This next part is something that I began doing a few months ago, and I hope other people can take this idea if they think it could help them.

So, what I did was I made a mind map on an A4 sheet and wrote about what makes me smile, whether it’s what people have told me or if it is a line from my favourite youtuber. This A4 sheet, I admit, is slightly big headed, but I don’t care! If it makes me smile and if it makes me feel happier, that’s what counts. I made this so that I can read it on the tube every morning on my way to school. Whenever I read it, I smile like a complete and utter idiot. But, like I said, I DON’T CARE.

People are staring at me like a complete idiot
    I DON’T CARE

It’s big headed
    I DON’T CARE

You look like a twerp smiling at a sheet of paper.
    I.DON’T CARE.
    Let them stare.
    LET. THEM.

I am smiling, and that's what matters most.

I have attached my mind map below to give others an example. I have scribbled my name out lmao.I hope this gives you and others an idea on how you could probably boost your self-esteem or could perhaps make you feel more positive.
    If you think this helps, or could help a friend, do give them this idea. Also, if you have any other ways that could help me that has helped you, please do tag me and tell me what it is – I will definitely take it on board!

Thank you so much for reading and enjoy the rest of your weekend,

ravioliyears xxx
    Attachment 512505512507
    Wow! This is a fantastic second post! I do like the positivity:yep: that's a fantastic idea! I'll definitely try it. I wish I'd saved my rep for this post have you heard about this thing where you write down things that make you happy/compliments you've received, put them in a jar then pick them out randomly when you're feeling down? I've never tried it before but it seems like a pretty good idea if you want to try it

As for this week, I'm here for you :hugs: wow, you really have been through a lot! You know my PM is always open if you ever want to talk

Thanks, I hope you enjoy the rest of your weekend too xxx

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Matrix123)
    Wow! This is a fantastic second post! I do like the positivity:yep: that's a fantastic idea! I'll definitely try it. I wish I'd saved my rep for this post have you heard about this thing where you write down things that make you happy/compliments you've received, put them in a jar then pick them out randomly when you're feeling down? I've never tried it before but it seems like a pretty good idea if you want to try it

As for this week, I'm here for you :hugs: wow, you really have been through a lot! You know my PM is always open if you ever want to talk

Thanks, I hope you enjoy the rest of your weekend too xxx

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Thank yuo so much Matrix! Means a lot :jumphug: I haven't tried the jar thing, but I'm defo gonna try it, thanks!!

:hugs: damn your mind map made me feel better about myself haha!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by homeland.lsw)
    :hugs: damn your mind map made me feel better about myself haha!
    Glad it did! :jumphug:

Positivity
    What a lovely post! :flower2: I'm so proud of you! :proud:
    Yes! Smile! Smile where ever, whenever, even if it's on the bus, your smile might make someone else smile!
    Even if you feel like this week isn't going to be the best, don't fight it, just let it all out. We are here for you. :hugs: xxx
    • TSR Support Team
    • Peer Support Volunteers

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Peer Support Volunteers
    xxxx
    This is lovely :hugs: I'm sorry you have suffered with UC for coming up to a year now, but the fact that you have the ability to be positive and you have a coping mechanism that works for you is incredible, you'll only get stronger every day and that is amazing. Thank you for sharing this with us and thank you for the sweet mind map, what a lovely thing to do! :hugs:

Always here if you need me, you know that :yep:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by aamirac)
    What a lovely post! :flower2: I'm so proud of you! :proud:
    Yes! Smile! Smile where ever, whenever, even if it's on the bus, your smile might make someone else smile!
    Even if you feel like this week isn't going to be the best, don't fight it, just let it all out. We are here for you. :hugs: xxx
    Thank you so much! I definitely feel that keeping it in would build all the pain up, so it's better to let it all out.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by iEthan)
    This is lovely :hugs: I'm sorry you have suffered with UC for coming up to a year now, but the fact that you have the ability to be positive and you have a coping mechanism that works for you is incredible, you'll only get stronger every day and that is amazing. Thank you for sharing this with us and thank you for the sweet mind map, what a lovely thing to do! :hugs:

Always here if you need me, you know that :yep:
    No problemo, thank yuo for your reply Ethan! I will defo PM you if I need to talk to someone x

ReputationRep:
    Thank yuo so much Matrix! Means a lot :jumphug: I haven't tried the jar thing, but I'm defo gonna try it, thanks!!
    You're very welcome Cool, I hope it works for you!
    • Welcome Squad

Welcome Squad
    Awwww Ravioli that was the cutest thing :hugs:
    ik what you mean about if you cry in school (did it once, never again) people just fuss when all you want is to be left alone x
    and you mind map is adorable :ahee: glad you are recognising how great you are :yes: and ignore the people who stare, it is like when you are just reflecting on something and it makes you laugh then people are like 'what are you laughing at?'. It isn't any of their business so you carry on lovely
    Did something similar where i printed out something lovely that someone sent me and can categorically say it really helped so carry on :lovehug:
    plus i can't believe noone has mentioned this..
    Your handwriting is so cute omg :blush: xxx

Thank you so much! I definitely feel that keeping it in would build all the pain up, so it's better to let it all out.
    :hat2:. It's okay to let it out. You shouldn't feel pressured to the point you feel you have to keep it in.
    You can always feel free to PM me!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CoolCavy)
    Awwww Ravioli that was the cutest thing :hugs:
    ik what you mean about if you cry in school (did it once, never again) people just fuss when all you want is to be left alone x
    and you mind map is adorable :ahee: glad you are recognising how great you are :yes: and ignore the people who stare, it is like when you are just reflecting on something and it makes you laugh then people are like 'what are you laughing at?'. It isn't any of their business so you carry on lovely
    Did something similar where i printed out something lovely that someone sent me and can categorically say it really helped so carry on :lovehug:
    plus i can't believe noone has mentioned this..
    Your handwriting is so cute omg :blush: xxx
    Thank you so much Cavy, for reading and responding!
    Haha thank you.

ReputationRep:
    Positivity

Once again, apologies for not posting in so long! This post will be on positivity- or at least I will try and make sure it is- and how I try and ensure that I don’t let my UC beat me down as I walk through college gates every day. If I’m completely honest. I really do need this, as I can tell that I won’t be in a good state this week. You know why? It’s because a week from today, it will be a year since I was diagnosed with UC. Who does that? Keeps a track record of when she went to hospital, when she gets her diagnosis etc. Well. I do. I do that. ‘Doesn’t it make you feel worse thinking about it?’ was a question that I was asked this week. And the answer to this that question is no. No it doesn’t. In fact (I don’t know how to put this to words), it makes me feel a whole more lighter….? Don’t know if that’s a correct term to use.

This is because I have been suffering for UC a year. A YEAR. May not seem like a long time, but that’s 365 days. 9760 hours. 525600 minutes for God’s sake. And throughout that time, I have had an a lot of needles stuck in me, several journeys to the hospital 1095 800mg tablets only for my UC, 730 Calcium Tablets and 365 Iron Tablets.

Right. Wow.

That’s a lot of tablets

And, an infinite number of tears.

When I cry at school, I get an expected response. There are some people who don’t say anything because they don’t know me and I don’t know them. Then there are a lot of people who crowd around you and begin asking you questions. Then there are the ******* ***** who think you’re crying for the hell of it because ‘you seemed fine before’. And there are my friends, who know that all they need to do is give me a hug and/or leave me alone and let me breathe. And I love them for knowing that that is all that I need.

So how will I make sure that I’ll be positive this week? I don’t know. I really don’t know. I can feel that I will cry this week. I just know it. And perhaps this week I may not be the most bubbly or positive person as I usually am but **** it.This next part is something that I began doing a few months ago, and I hope other people can take this idea if they think it could help them.

So, what I did was I made a mind map on an A4 sheet and wrote about what makes me smile, whether it’s what people have told me or if it is a line from my favourite youtuber. This A4 sheet, I admit, is slightly big headed, but I don’t care! If it makes me smile and if it makes me feel happier, that’s what counts. I made this so that I can read it on the tube every morning on my way to school. Whenever I read it, I smile like a complete and utter idiot. But, like I said, I DON’T CARE.

People are staring at me like I'm a complete idiot
    I DON’T CARE

It’s big headed
    I DON’T CARE

You look like a twerp smiling at a sheet of paper.
    I. DON’T CARE.
    Let them stare.
    LET. THEM.

I am smiling, and that's what matters most.

I have attached my mind map below to give others an example. I have scribbled my name out lmao.I hope this gives you and others an idea on how you could probably boost your self-esteem or could perhaps make you feel more positive.
    If you think this helps, or could help a friend, do give them this idea. Also, if you have any other ways that could help me that has helped you, please do tag me and tell me what it is – I will definitely take it on board!

Thank you so much for reading and enjoy the rest of your weekend,

ravioliyears xxx
    Attachment 512505512507
    PRSOM. This brings a tear to my eye. You're an inspiration to so many people and that's evident everywhere. Keep fighting the good fight; if you get knocked down, you know you're always gonna get back up. In your darkest times, you have so many people to turn to and there are so many wonderful users on TSR who will be willing to listen to you and support you. We're just a few. How do you get through each day to even grasp an ounce of positivity, I have no idea. But you're so strong, and you CAN turn NEGATIVES into POSITIVES within moments. You're a very special girl for all the right reasons. You will NEVER give up and you will always stay strong. That mind map will put a smile on that face every time you look at it and I'm sure the posts from other users will keep that smile there for a while. Stay POSITIVE. You can do it, we know it and we're here for you. x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SubZero~)
    PRSOM. This brings a tear to my eye. You're an inspiration to so many people and that's evident everywhere. Keep fighting the good fight; if you get knocked down, you know you're always gonna get back up. In your darkest times, you have so many people to turn to and there are so many wonderful users on TSR who will be willing to listen to you and support you. We're just a few. How do you get through each day to even grasp an ounce of positivity, I have no idea. But you're so strong, and you CAN turn NEGATIVES into POSITIVES within moments. You're a very special girl for all the right reasons. You will NEVER give up and you will always stay strong. That mind map will put a smile on that face every time you look at it and I'm sure the posts from other users will keep that smile there for a while. Stay POSITIVE. You can do it, we know it and we're here for you. x
    Thank you so much Sub! This sure did put a smile on my face

ReputationRep:
    Anon_98 Andy98 Alexion Zacken forgot to tag you guys, my apologies
    Thanks for the tag, just read through your stuff - doubt you want any of my sympathy, but for what it's worth, I think you're very brave.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zacken)
    Thanks for the tag, just read through your stuff - doubt you want any of my sympathy, but for what it's worth, I think you're very brave.
    Thank you!

ReputationRep:
    I think the way you handle yourself is very admirable

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Student403)
    I think the way you handle yourself is very admirable
    Thank you :jumphug:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by spv)
    The fact that you're doing something about it implies strength. like you said, eff them
    eh loko ne su khabhar chhe? nothing!
    to shanti rakh, ane aagi chaal! <----(get the reference?)
    Yepp, I did! Thanks
    :jumphug:
    Hmmmmmm what reference is this, I wonder :hmmmm:

(PM'd you, Chhoti Rani)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nucdev)
    Hmmmmmm what reference is this, I wonder :hmmmm:

(PM'd you, Chhoti Rani)
    Lol, and thanks bhai - I replied to it

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
    Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered creative corner threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.