Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    So I'm all booked up to visit thailand in july. Im going solo, im a female, aged 23 (I look about 12 though lol).

I might sound a bit dumb here, but ive only ever flown direct, so im a bit confused about the whole changing planes thing. I booked my flights through a 3rd party website, so im not sure if i need to check in with each airline before i go? sorry if i sound dumb lol. i cant remember if the last time i flew if i checked in 30 days before and after i did that i was able to print off my tickets. the website has sent me a e ticket but its just a list of my flights, it doesnt have barcodes or anything like the ones easyjet and ryanair do. will i get these nearer the time when i check in?

also any general advice about thailand would be great, im going to phuket

thanks!

ReputationRep:
    You need to find the counter of the airline on your first list. You will get your boarding pass there. If you are connecting flight, you don't need to check-in on the next flight. But if its a different airline on the next flight, you may ask it at the counter. You can ask the securities on the airport. They are willing to help passengers.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ellej93)
    You need to find the counter of the airline on your first list. You will get your boarding pass there. If you are connecting flight, you don't need to check-in on the next flight. But if its a different airline on the next flight, you may ask it at the counter. You can ask the securities on the airport. They are willing to help passengers.
    thanks for your reply I realised after I posted it that it was the boarding passes I was wondering about, but i get them when i check in a few hours before the flight havent flown in a while so I completely forgot! silly me

ReputationRep:
    It's very likely if you booked it as one ticket that you will not need to check back in even if flying with difference airlines. Once you get off the plane there will be signs for flight connections and boards displaying which terminal for you to walk to. When you check in from the UK they will give you a boarding ticket for the connecting flight so it's nothing to worry about! I've been to Thailand, but not Phuket, however it looks very beautiful. It's a popular place for tourists so you'll likely come in to contact with many other travellers there.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.