Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gabzinc)
    What's up guys. Another pokefan here :P
    I haven't really spoiled the game much for myself, it's really only the stuuuuupid youtube "recommended videos" thing that screws me over. Now I know who the Champion is

And the Red/Blue battle music is amazing.... I can't stop listening to it
    Hi! Sorry if anything we've discussed has spoiled anything for you, we've tried to put most of the big stuff in spoiler tags

I can't wait to battle Red and Blue again, so much nostalgia haha

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JRKinder)
    I think it's good because the move was pretty useless before now. They've nerfed loads of things though, namely Gengar, the ability Unaware, and apparently the eviolite (but I heard another source say that this was a false rumour so I'm not 100% on this).
    Sucker punch got a nerf (70BP) amd i think dark void got reduced to 50% acc. and smeargle can no longer use it
    Leech life is finally a good recovery move that attacks for bug types but now x-scissor becomes kinda useless

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by markovchain17)
    Sucker punch got a nerf (70BP) amd i think dark void got reduced to 50% acc. and smeargle can no longer use it
    Leech life is finally a good recovery move that attacks for bug types but now x-scissor becomes kinda useless

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I think the Sucker Punch change was unneccesary because it was only 80BP anyway. The Dark Void nerf is ridiculous too. I can understand implementing one of the changes, but implementing them both is needless and has ruined Darkrai.

ReputationRep:
    Really hoping that the Toucan pokemon is awesome, he looks cool but I haven't check his stats or anything yet. Someone said this gen's pokes are pretty slow though? Hope thats not totally the case...
    And we can finally have glasses, yay!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by melinae)
    Really hoping that the Toucan pokemon is awesome, he looks cool but I haven't check his stats or anything yet. Someone said this gen's pokes are pretty slow though? Hope thats not totally the case...
    Yeah 90% of them are slow as hell, unfortunately
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Yeah it's speed is total crap, otherwise it's good since it has very high attack and the skill link ability. Also has a signature move called beak blast which does 100 BP, 100% acc and burns (op af if that burn (- it's speed) isn't a % chance).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Vikingninja)
    Yeah it's speed is total crap, otherwise it's good since it has very high attack and the skill link ability. Also has a signature move called beak blast which does 100 BP, 100% acc and burns (op af if that burn (- it's speed) isn't a % chance).
    Got to be a low percentage, probably 10% or something. Scald is ridiculous and that's only 80BP with a 30% chance, so this move would be insanely overpowered if the burn was guaranteed. It's still amazing, regardless.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Got to be a low percentage, probably 10% or something. Scald is ridiculous and that's only 80BP with a 30% chance, so this move would be insanely overpowered if the burn was guaranteed. It's still amazing, regardless.
    Toxapex probably gonna be the (or one of the) best in competitive in the new roster, has:
    Toxic, toxic spikes or a variant of protect that puts poison on contact.
    Venshock so double dmg on poisoned targets.
    Ability makes all hits crit on poisoned targets, or it can use regenerator.
    Horredously high def and sp def (ranked 13th of ALL pokemon for def and 15 for sp def including megas and legendaries), further nasty with regenerator.

ReputationRep:
    Toxapex probably gonna be the (or one of the) best in competitive in the new roster, has:
    Toxic, toxic spikes or a variant of protect that puts poison on contact.
    Venshock so double dmg on poisoned targets.
    Ability makes all hits crit on poisoned targets, or it can use regenerator.
    Horredously high def and sp def (ranked 13th of ALL pokemon for def and 15 for sp def including megas and legendaries), further nasty with regenerator.
    Don't forget Recover and Scald! It looks really good, but it's HP is fairly low. I haven't done any calcs yet, but it will be interesting to see how it's overall bulk (with defences/HP factored in together) compares to other bulky mons. I imagine it will be competing with Pokemon like Amoonguss. I can't believe that Kommo-o doesn't get Close Combat or Superpower though, such a let-down. It's best physical fighting move is Sky Uppercut ffs, and it's slow so it needs Dragon Dance to be effective in the first place. I can see it being good in a lower tier, maybe UU, but not OU.

ReputationRep:
    sorry for late reply!!! did you find out if it was 100% acc burns? that'd be the tits. i heard that its one of those charge up moves though :/ suppose you could use that herb item but i think he'd be better off with a scarf or something for his speed D:
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    sorry for late reply!!! did you find out if it was 100% acc burns? that'd be the tits. i heard that its one of those charge up moves though :/ suppose you could use that herb item but i think he'd be better off with a scarf or something for his speed D:
    It's like focus punch where it lowers priority though if the opponent makes contact before it then burns. On smogon I run full hp and atk, I give it a custap berry with skill link since multi hit moves with this thing are beastly with its high atk. It's actually pretty good.

Running on smogon (full gen 7 team):

Araquanid (just wtf is this thing, high sp def and ability reduces dmg by fire and doesn't allow burn, then doubles water dmg, liquidation does 170 power before STAB).

Salazzle (nasty creature this, can poison steel and other poison).

Wishiwashi (this thing is a absolute beast, the ability removes its powered form when you reach red though you can regain it after a turn in yellow, I run the anti electric berry on this thing, took down 2 pokemon including a UB).

Vikavolt (horrendously high sp atk though its speed is an insult so need to run hp on it).

Minior or komala (minior using shell smash with white herb makes it a nightmare, basically makes it all round very good and immune to status by its ability and when it goes below half hp it out speeds nearly everything and does so much dmg, rollout is devastating if they have no resistance to rock. Komala is a troll since you can't status it as it counts as being permanently asleep but you can still attack).

Then obviously toucannon.

ReputationRep:
    Just run Pheromosa/Aegislash/Perfect-Zygarde/Magearna, they're all broken af lol
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Just run Pheromosa/Aegislash/Perfect-Zygarde/Magearna, they're all broken af lol
    Dat near full legendary, need to beat up UB's with standard mons its fun.

ReputationRep:
    Dat near full legendary, need to beat up UB's with standard mons its fun.
    Don't forget Lando-I, Genesect, Greninja, Mega-Lopunny etc

Yeah but just because it's legendary doesn't make it broken (look at Articuno for example lol). If you played a competent player with the above mons, with a team that wasn't equally as broken, then I wouldn't rate your chances of success to be very high because they're completely broken haha
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Don't forget Lando-I, Genesect, Greninja, Mega-Lopunny etc

Yeah but just because it's legendary doesn't make it broken (look at Articuno for example lol). If you played a competent player with the above mons, with a team that wasn't equally as broken, then I wouldn't rate your chances of success to be very high because they're completely broken haha
    Oh jesus the ash greninja players are a pain in the bloody ass. Nonsense water version of fury swipes with priority. Landorus and lopunny I haven't really had issues with, I only really came across lopunny in my mono-normal team which I used for a bit in OU and my porygons slaughtered it. Never seen genesect.

What I never knew was that in smogon ice is normal to bug (which gave some BS moments with my wishiwashi against golisopod), honestly in the battles so far pheromosa is pretty meh as most of my gen 7 team have now taken it out: vikavolt, wishiwashi, salazzle (why they didn't swap on this I have no bloody clue), araquanid and minior.

ReputationRep:
    Oh jesus the ash greninja players are a pain in the bloody ass. Nonsense water version of fury swipes with priority. Landorus and lopunny I haven't really had issues with, I only really came across lopunny in my mono-normal team which I used for a bit in OU and my porygons slaughtered it. Never seen genesect.

What I never knew was that in smogon ice is normal to bug (which gave some BS moments with my wishiwashi against golisopod), honestly in the battles so far pheromosa is pretty meh as most of my gen 7 team have now taken it out: vikavolt, wishiwashi, salazzle (why they didn't swap on this I have no bloody clue), araquanid and minior.
    Lando-I is horrendously powerful and has good coverage, if it gets a Rock Polish up then it can be a good late-game sweeper. Lopunny as well just has a brilliant moveset, good stats plus Scrappy, and now gets its speed in the first turn due to the buff to megas. Scarf Genesect is also pretty strong with great coverage. I think you'll see more of them as the meta game progresses; everyone is just trying out the new mons for now.

Yeah ice is normal against bug lol. Pheromosa is walled well by a few mons, but against the right team can be deadly. Bug and Fighting is very good STAB coverage, and it's speed and attack (when paired with Beast Boost) is incredible. Btw your team is incredibly weak to Tapu Koko. You have no switch-ins to Thunder under Electric Terrain lol
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Lando-I is horrendously powerful and has good coverage, if it gets a Rock Polish up then it can be a good late-game sweeper. Lopunny as well just has a brilliant moveset, good stats plus Scrappy, and now gets its speed in the first turn due to the buff to megas. Scarf Genesect is also pretty strong with great coverage. I think you'll see more of them as the meta game progresses; everyone is just trying out the new mons for now.

Yeah ice is normal against bug lol. Pheromosa is walled well by a few mons, but against the right team can be deadly. Bug and Fighting is very good STAB coverage, and it's speed and attack (when paired with Beast Boost) is incredible. Btw your team is incredibly weak to Tapu Koko. You have no switch-ins to Thunder under Electric Terrain lol
    Went against a tapu koko yesterday, my vikavolt 1 hit it because of terrain.

ReputationRep:
    It's like focus punch where it lowers priority though if the opponent makes contact before it then burns. On smogon I run full hp and atk, I give it a custap berry with skill link since multi hit moves with this thing are beastly with its high atk. It's actually pretty good.

Oohh glad to hear it. Usually hate the "token bird" of each Gen but he's looking different for once! I heard they've nerfed Talonflame though? Still waiting for it to come out and gonna have zero time over the next few weeks to play it. =.=;

Bit sad that Moon doesn't get Vulpix though, gotta be the coolest looking "remake" going.

ReputationRep:
    Went against a tapu koko yesterday, my vikavolt 1 hit it because of terrain.
    Being able to kill it in one hit doesn't mean that it doesn't destroy your team. The other player could quite easily switch out against Vika, and then whenever it's brought back in again you have no switch-ins for it so it gets a kill.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Being able to kill it in one hit doesn't mean that it doesn't destroy your team. The other player could quite easily switch out against Vika, and then whenever it's brought back in again you have no switch-ins for it so it gets a kill.
    Fair does, the guy RQ because my vikavolt tanked 2 hits to 1 hp. If I'm swapping anything it'll probably be minior since that still requires a bit of setup and can be 1 hit by a lot. Tapu koko is pretty mediocre since its move pool isn't good for its stats (only electric physical attacks are spark and wild charge).

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Brussels sprouts
    Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered gaming threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.