Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Pokemon sun and moon announced! Watch

• Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by melinae)
    Oohh glad to hear it. Usually hate the "token bird" of each Gen but he's looking different for once! I heard they've nerfed Talonflame though? Still waiting for it to come out and gonna have zero time over the next few weeks to play it. =.=;

Bit sad that Moon doesn't get Vulpix though, gotta be the coolest looking "remake" going.
    Yeah talonflames gale wing will only work at max hp now.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Vikingninja)
    Fair does, the guy RQ because my vikavolt tanked 2 hits to 1 hp. If I'm swapping anything it'll probably be minior since that still requires a bit of setup and can be 1 hit by a lot. Tapu koko is pretty mediocre since its move pool isn't good for its stats (only electric physical attacks are spark and wild charge).
    Doesn't need physical moves; Thunder(bolt), Volt Switch, Dazzling Gleam and HP Fire, when coupled with Electric Terrain, make it pretty strong. I've even seen it 2HKO Aegislash with Thunder before.

ReputationRep:
    What time do they get released in the UK? 00:00?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dodgypirate)
    What time do they get released in the UK? 00:00?
    eShop will likely be midnight, possibly 9am or something. Shops will be whenever they open. I've ordered mine though, so I'm hoping it will come in the morning post

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JRKinder)
    eShop will likely be midnight

I'm hoping it will come in the morning post
    I was handed a £50 eshop card a few months ago and have been saving it for this game... hope I'll be able to play it come midnight, I can't wait

You getting sun or moon?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dodgypirate)
    I was handed a £50 eshop card a few months ago and have been saving it for this game... hope I'll be able to play it come midnight, I can't wait

You getting sun or moon?
    Good thing to save it for! Does it work at this time? Can't wait either!

I'm getting Sun, what about you?
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Doesn't need physical moves; Thunder(bolt), Volt Switch, Dazzling Gleam and HP Fire, when coupled with Electric Terrain, make it pretty strong. I've even seen it 2HKO Aegislash with Thunder before.
    Fair does, with its terrain just compared to most other sp atk electrics and it outdoes them. Current team is: araquanid (keeping this thing, my game maker), vikavolt, mudsdale, salazzle, porygon z with z-conversion and toucannon (counters so many physical sweepers).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Vikingninja)
    Fair does, with its terrain just compared to most other sp atk electrics and it outdoes them. Current team is: araquanid (keeping this thing, my game maker), vikavolt, mudsdale, salazzle, porygon z with z-conversion and toucannon (counters so many physical sweepers).
    Once the metagame has settled down a bit, we'll have to have a battle! I haven't actually played anything on Showdown yet as I'm waiting to play the game first, but I'll have to get a bit of practise over the weekend! Complete Zygarde got banned today btw.

ReputationRep:
    My game has arrived!!
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Once the metagame has settled down a bit, we'll have to have a battle! I haven't actually played anything on Showdown yet as I'm waiting to play the game first, but I'll have to get a bit of practise over the weekend! Complete Zygarde got banned today btw.
    Current team atm:

Toucannon
    Araquanid
    Turtonator
    Palossan
    Tsareena (biggest troll match just now, idiot against me used accelrock and could've killed my tsareena with a normal move since he was faster and I had 5% hp and then a decideuye using sucker punch... both moves failed because of my ability and he RQ after getting wiped)
    Alolan golem

ReputationRep:
    Why cant they release on PC?

ReputationRep:
    can't find any good emulators for 3DS

ReputationRep:
    Is it me or is there WAY too much dialogue in this game?

ReputationRep:
    Current team:

Incineroar
    Raichu
    Ribombee
    Mareanie
    Sandygast
    Haunter (will switch to Lucario if I can get my hands on a Riolu).

If anyone wants to evolve-trade some pokémon let me know

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mr Smurf)
    Is it me or is there WAY too much dialogue in this game?
    Yeah I agree, there's even more of a story focus than BW. And some of the 'side quests' (as much as you can call them that), like finding 8 Stuful slow the game down too. I'm enjoying it so far, but it needs a bit of work on pacing.

-----

My team thus far is:

- Primarina
    - Mudsdale
    - Lycanroc (Day)
    - Salazzle
    - Haunter
    - Charjabug (can't evolve yet)

All are level 37/38, just about to start the ghost trial.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    My planned multiplayer team:
    Golem
    Golem
    Golem
    Golem
    Golem
    Mega metagross

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
    Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered gaming threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.