Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    The feature I'm most excited for in Sun & Moon is the introduction of Pokémon that have adapted to their environments. I can't wait to see new appearances/types to Pokémon I've loved since 1999.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sinfonietta)
    The feature I'm most excited for in Sun & Moon is the introduction of Pokémon that have adapted to their environments. I can't wait to see new appearances/types to Pokémon I've loved since 1999.
    Are you talking about the alola-forms? or is there another feature in the coming soon editions which I don't know?*

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kallisto)
    Are you talking about the alola-forms? or is there another feature in the coming soon editions which I don't know?*
    Yes, I am! I'm just of the hopeful belief that they will implement this for future regions too.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sinfonietta)
    Yes, I am! I'm just of the hopeful belief that they will implement this for future regions too.
    That would be fine. Same pokemons, but in different regions with different types and even abilities which are adapted to their types. Better idea than the concept of Mega Evolution.*

(Original post by AngryJellyfish)
    Thanks for the tag; alas, I am away without my DS until tomorrow. :moon:
    / unlucky

ReputationRep:
    0275-9604-1414
    (Original post by Dinasaurus)
    Friend code is 3754-7690-5563, if anyone has Pokemon Y or X and wants to battle.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Hey, are the second evolution forms of the starter pokemon confirmed yet? if the second form of rowlet has really this robin hood-like look, that would be the best looking plant pokemon I have ever seen (in terms of the starters).

ReputationRep:
    http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wi...(Pok%C3%A9mon) this is the evolution form of rowlet reminds me more of the owl from winnie the pooh than robin hood
    Hey, are the second evolution forms of the starter pokemon confirmed yet? if the second form of rowlet has really this robin hood-like look, that would be the best looking plant pokemon I have ever seen (in terms of the starters).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Withengar)
    Your mom as the Champion character.
    One probably has to have played pokemon to know that you're actually serious about this :p:
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RGPunt)
    http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wi...(Pok%C3%A9mon) this is the evolution form of rowlet reminds me more of the owl from winnie the pooh than robin hood
    Yeah, I know this evolution form of rowlet. That is the first one, but I was talking about the second one. I like this starter pokemon up to this evolution form. Hope so that the final form looks awesome. It is said this one looks like Robin Hood. Please, don't let this saying a rumour!
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Type null evolution guys:

• Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Vikingninja)
    Type null evolution guys:

Would nice, if this pokemon has different varations of evolutions like eevee (with different types of course), the look and the name of the pokemon almost offer that.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Would nice, if this pokemon has different varations of evolutions like eevee (with different types of course), the look and the name of the pokemon almost offer that.
    It has a similar system to arceus where if it holds a certain item (by translation it referred to only one item which was weird) its type would change, not sure if its appearance would though its current appearance is several creatures in one.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    It has a similar system to arceus where if it holds a certain item (by translation it referred to only one item which was weird) its type would change, not sure if its appearance would though its current appearance is several creatures in one.
    I see. Finally the strange name of the pokemon (type null) makes sense. By the way it is the worst one I have ever heard so far.*

ReputationRep:
    Silvally and Kommo-o look amazing. At first I thought Silvally would have the same stats across the board like Arceus, but perhaps base 100 instead of 120, however they explicitly stated in its description that it would be really fast so I'm not so sure now. Kommo-o is going to have sky-high attack though.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Load of leaked pokemon in the demo including final starter evolutions:
    Spoiler:
    Show

ReputationRep:
    Put it in a spoiler tag for those who don't want to know. As it happens I've already seen them, so I'll put my thoughts below:
    Spoiler:
    Show
    I'm actually disappointed. Only 81(?) new Pokemon is a low total, although we do have the Alola forms to bring the number up. I actually quite like the idea of regional variances of the same Pokemon and some like Sandslash and Ninetales look amazing, but Persian and Dugtrio look ridiculous. The starters are all pretty decent, I just hope it's not another Fire/Fighting type though. Marshadow is a bit disappointing as well; as the third aspect of the trio I expected it to be bigger and more intimidating rather than a little pixie, because I think Magearna covers the Mew/Celebi etc slot well enough already. Some Pokemon like the Wimpod evolution, Kommo-o, Silvally, Vikavolt etc I really like, but I honestly really dislike others. The sandcastle is stupid, the ship's anchor/wheel or whatever it's supposed to be is silly, and they haven't given evolutions to Pokemon like Komala which really needed one. I like the toucan but I'd have preferred it to be a separate evolution line (like Pelipper) as opposed to the main regional bird, as I prefer those to be birds of prey. Mixed feelings in all honesty.

Given that the ultra beasts have shiny forms, it may be possible to catch them. Perhaps not, it might just be for coding reasons. If I'm being honest I don't really like the UB's much either, if they aren't supposed to be Pokemon then I don't think they really should be in the game and if they are Pokemon then they look far too humanoid or just downright weird to fit in properly. Maybe I'm just nostalgic for the mechanics of older generations, but things like the ultra beasts, Z moves, and even mega evolution are just over complicating an already brilliant formula. Take mega evolution, for example - it would have been much better to give certain Pokemon new evolutions than to make them hold an item in battle to temporarily evolve imo.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JRKinder)
    Put it in a spoiler tag for those who don't want to know. As it happens I've already seen them, so I'll put my thoughts below:
    Spoiler:
    Show
    I'm actually disappointed. Only 81(?) new Pokemon is a low total, although we do have the Alola forms to bring the number up. I actually quite like the idea of regional variances of the same Pokemon and some like Sandslash and Ninetales look amazing, but Persian and Dugtrio look ridiculous. The starters are all pretty decent, I just hope it's not another Fire/Fighting type though. Marshadow is a bit disappointing as well; as the third aspect of the trio I expected it to be bigger and more intimidating rather than a little pixie, because I think Magearna covers the Mew/Celebi etc slot well enough already. Some Pokemon like the Wimpod evolution, Kommo-o, Silvally, Vikavolt etc I really like, but I honestly really dislike others. The sandcastle is stupid, the ship's anchor/wheel or whatever it's supposed to be is silly, and they haven't given evolutions to Pokemon like Komala which really needed one. I like the toucan but I'd have preferred it to be a separate evolution line (like Pelipper) as opposed to the main regional bird, as I prefer those to be birds of prey. Mixed feelings in all honesty.

Given that the ultra beasts have shiny forms, it may be possible to catch them. Perhaps not, it might just be for coding reasons. If I'm being honest I don't really like the UB's much either, if they aren't supposed to be Pokemon then I don't think they really should be in the game and if they are Pokemon then they look far too humanoid or just downright weird to fit in properly. Maybe I'm just nostalgic for the mechanics of older generations, but things like the ultra beasts, Z moves, and even mega evolution are just over complicating an already brilliant formula. Take mega evolution, for example - it would have been much better to give certain Pokemon new evolutions than to make them hold an item in battle to temporarily evolve imo.
    Yeah I've put a spoiler on now.
    Spoiler:
    Show
    I don't think this is all of them, some of them look like they are going to have a evolution (e.g. the koala thing or that one with the ability with its organs out) and some look like they are missing steps (wimpod). Also its lacking any fossil pokemon so far and this is stuff that has been datamined from the demo so I'm hoping that there's more. Excluding these new alolan form pokemon its the second smallest edition and yeah some of the alolan forms are ridiculous (exeggutor makes charizard fans cry). What annoys me is the lack of quality with a lot of these new pokemon as they just look lacking in design or creativity (cutiefly... really guys?), I have to say that with these leaks I am a lot happier since some of the evolutions are pretty impressive, I didn't like the starter pokemon at all at first though with the final ones I really like the grass type (others look stupid, a humanoid cat and whatever the water is). But yeah some of these weird ideas like... more girly grass things (roserade line is the only good one in the entirety of pokemon) and yeah... a sand castle.

The addition of mega evolutions in X and Y was a good concept to me but really it just made a load of pokemon broken and overpowered especially the pseudo legendaries that got them, Z moves just look insulting with a move that is used once and basically looks like an easy 1 hit kill. UB's as well just look annoying to me and whilst they look like some weird pokemon human fusions with some of the characters they just look bizarre (gonna nickname absorption the new Marvel hero "mosquito man").

Again I'm hoping that these aren't all datamined especially with a lot of potential slots remaining like the lack of fossil pokemon and legendaries. X and Y was a huge disappointment to me with its added features and designs, this one a lot of the new designs are even worse but atleast a few I do want to get unlike X and Y (only wanted talonflame which I dropped for the incredibly easy to get salamence). Hope as well that it isn't dumbed down and completely unchallenging like X and Y.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JRKinder)
    Spoiler:
    Show
    Dugtrio look ridiculous.
    How dare you, it's fabulous :unimpressed:

Spoiler:
    Show
    As someone above said, certain pokemons do lack creativity and I completely agree. That new fish with rainbow textures looks not so good. Or those flies, we've got plenty of them - of similar designs. And to mention that there's already like 700+ pokemons, the designers have to think if they want to implement them to the actual game because later on I don't think they'll just remove it. As for today 80 new pokemons is a lot considering the fact we've got huge collection from gen 1

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
    Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered gaming threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.