Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Well the demo was pretty good

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Impressive)
    As someone above said, certain pokemons do lack creativity and I completely agree. That new fish with rainbow textures looks not so good. Or those flies, we've got plenty of them - of similar designs. And to mention that there's already like 700+ pokemons, the designers have to think if they want to implement them to the actual game because later on I don't think they'll just remove it. As for today 80 new pokemons is a lot considering the fact we've got huge collection from gen 1
    I like ribombee Vikavolt is probably my new favourite pokemon and wimpod's evolution looks so bad ass i do not care for the starters, Ill probably end up choosing rowlett.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by eternaforest)
    I like ribombee Vikavolt is probably my new favourite pokemon and wimpod's evolution looks so bad ass i do not care for the starters, Ill probably end up choosing rowlett.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Yeah, Vikavolt is a fantastic design! Guaranteed spot on my team.

ReputationRep:
    So, no new Megas? There's a slot on the Z Bracelet for a Key Stone, so I know they're in the game, but it sucks if they're dropping this concept after pushing it so hard with Gen 6. Apart from all the "too OP" ones, the idea of buffing old final evolutions was a good one.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Luneth)
    So, no new Megas? There's a slot on the Z Bracelet for a Key Stone, so I know they're in the game, but it sucks if they're dropping this concept after pushing it so hard with Gen 6. Apart from all the "too OP" ones, the idea of buffing old final evolutions was a good one.
    I'd have honestly preferred it if they just gave new (pre)evolutions to old Pokemon with only one or two stages, rather than a temporary evolution in battle only. Some designs like Charizard-X were brilliant, but others like Mega Aerodactyl just ruined Aerodactyl's design imo.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by JRKinder)
    I'd have honestly preferred it if they just gave new (pre)evolutions to old Pokemon with only one or two stages, rather than a temporary evolution in battle only. Some designs like Charizard-X were brilliant, but others like Mega Aerodactyl just ruined Aerodactyl's design imo.
    To be completely honest I don't want to see any evolutions for any old pokemon now. Gen 4 did it well with how it was integrated but it took up all of the good slots for possible new evolutions. Really just wanted a much more diverse roster to make the game better.

New pokemon I'm probably going to use (depending on old pokemon that are in it):
    Vikavolt or tapu koko
    Grass final starter evolution
    Lycanroc (sun, trade from my sister)
    Wishiwashi
    Kommo-o (depending on stats)
    Wimpod evolution (if tapu)
    Lurantis (barely)
    Silvally (unless its some weird rare legendary whatever thing)
    Raichu

What I want to use from previous generations:
    Mienshao
    Staraptor or archeops or yanmega or gliscor
    Porygon2
    Galvantula

Still disappointed at the lack of fossil pokemon and then just the lack of creativity with the small roster.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Vikingninja)
    To be completely honest I don't want to see any evolutions for any old pokemon now. Gen 4 did it well with how it was integrated but it took up all of the good slots for possible new evolutions. Really just wanted a much more diverse roster to make the game better.

New pokemon I'm probably going to use (depending on old pokemon that are in it):
    Vikavolt or tapu koko
    Grass final starter evolution
    Lycanroc (sun, trade from my sister)
    Wishiwashi
    Kommo-o (depending on stats)
    Wimpod evolution (if tapu)
    Lurantis (barely)
    Silvally (unless its some weird rare legendary whatever thing)
    Raichu

What I want to use from previous generations:
    Mienshao
    Staraptor or archeops or yanmega or gliscor
    Porygon2
    Galvantula

Still disappointed at the lack of fossil pokemon and then just the lack of creativity with the small roster.
    Well yeah, I'd prefer completely new lines to (pre)evolutions to existing pokemon, but I meant I'd have preferred this to mega evolution. Some pokemon did need additional evolutions, but some of the megas were completely broken in competitive play and the designs for many were basically "add more spikes to it". But completely new lines would be great, which is why I'm a bit disappointed with the leaks (leak spoilers below)
    Spoiler:
    Show
    Because there's quite a few lines with only 1 or 2 evolutions. Some of the new pokemon I really like, but others I'm ambivalent towards or outright dislike.
    I think in Sun I'll probably use the fire starter and in Moon the grass starter. If anyone gets the water starter then I'd be happy to trade eggs with everyone so that we can each get all of the starters
    I'm pretty certain about putting Lycanroc and Vikavolt on my team in Sun, I'll probably save Wimpod's evolution for Moon. I want to put Silvally on my team, but I probably won't if it's hard to obtain (i.e. near the end of the game or even in the postgame). I really like Wishiwashi too, so that'll probably be my water type. Kommo-o gets a definite spot since I always have the regional dragon on my team lol. I quite like Passimian and Salandit too, so I might have those on my team for one of the games. Perhaps Bewear (still unsure as to how much I like this though) or Alolan Ninetales. Since it's a new generation I'm probably going to avoid using older pokemon for now.
    Do you know when Pokemon Bank will go live for transfering pokemon from past games, by the way?
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Well yeah, I'd prefer completely new lines to (pre)evolutions to existing pokemon, but I meant I'd have preferred this to mega evolution. Some pokemon did need additional evolutions, but some of the megas were completely broken in competitive play and the designs for many were basically "add more spikes to it". But completely new lines would be great, which is why I'm a bit disappointed with the leaks (leak spoilers below)
    Spoiler:
    Show
    Because there's quite a few lines with only 1 or 2 evolutions. Some of the new pokemon I really like, but others I'm ambivalent towards or outright dislike.
    I think in Sun I'll probably use the fire starter and in Moon the grass starter. If anyone gets the water starter then I'd be happy to trade eggs with everyone so that we can each get all of the starters
    I'm pretty certain about putting Lycanroc and Vikavolt on my team in Sun, I'll probably save Wimpod's evolution for Moon. I want to put Silvally on my team, but I probably won't if it's hard to obtain (i.e. near the end of the game or even in the postgame). I really like Wishiwashi too, so that'll probably be my water type. Kommo-o gets a definite spot since I always have the regional dragon on my team lol. I quite like Passimian and Salandit too, so I might have those on my team for one of the games. Perhaps Bewear (still unsure as to how much I like this though) or Alolan Ninetales. Since it's a new generation I'm probably going to avoid using older pokemon for now.
    Do you know when Pokemon Bank will go live for transfering pokemon from past games, by the way?
    Yeah last games I only used talonflame as my flying type but then replaced for salamence so no new ones, don't know when for that.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    So apparently with one of the leak pictures there are a few more slots that are missing pokemon
    Spoiler:
    Show
    Not confirmed but apparently slots empty after:
    salandit evolution
    vikavolt
    lurantis
    mimikyu
    kommo-o

... where is the koala evolution still and fossil?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Vikingninja)
    So apparently with one of the leak pictures there are a few more slots that are missing pokemon
    Spoiler:
    Show
    Not confirmed but apparently slots empty after:
    salandit evolution
    vikavolt
    lurantis
    mimikyu
    kommo-o

... where is the koala evolution still and fossil?
    I don't think this is true.
    Spoiler:
    Show
    The dataminers say that there are 802 Pokemon in total, and the revealed Pokemon and Ultrabeasts together add up to this amount. I think the missing slots are just for things like totem Pokemon, rather than actual new Pokemon.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    I don't think this is true.
    Spoiler:
    Show
    The dataminers say that there are 802 Pokemon in total, and the revealed Pokemon and Ultrabeasts together add up to this amount. I think the missing slots are just for things like totem Pokemon, rather than actual new Pokemon.
    They haven't found the sprites of the boosted phases of the legendaries or past pokemon so could be that not all new pokemon are shown. Also cubone doesn't have a alolan form shown yet for all of the other alolan forms they have their pre evolutions having alolan forms (except raichu but they've only shown ash's pikachu sprite) and there aren't that many alolan forms either. Finally there aren't any new ice and steel types apart from legendaries and the alolan forms.

I'm just gonna keep hoping that there are still more to be shown.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    I like, I really really like the second evolution of the plant starter! and the type combination! the first plant starter which I really keen on.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kallisto)
    I like, I really really like the second evolution of the plant starter! and the type combination! the first plant starter which I really keen on.
    I didn't like any of the starters when I first saw the Chinese leaks, but I must admit that they're all growing on me. I'm a bit surprised that it's Grass/Ghost though, I thought it would be part Flying since it's a bird.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    I didn't like any of the starters when I first saw the Chinese leaks, but I must admit that they're all growing on me. I'm a bit surprised that it's Grass/Ghost though, I thought it would be part Flying since it's a bird.
    Now that you mention it, you are right. Have expected a flying type as second one too, but it is a ghost. This surprise makes the starter more interesting.

ReputationRep:
    Now that you mention it, you are right. Have expected a flying type as second one too, but it is a ghost. This surprise makes the starter more interesting.
    I wonder why it's a ghost? Maybe there's something in the lore of the game that will make it make sense. It fits with its signature move at least, but it still seems a strange decision to base the type around just a single move if that is the case.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    I wonder why it's a ghost? Maybe there's something in the lore of the game that will make it make sense. It fits with its signature move at least, but it still seems a strange decision to base the type around just a single move if that is the case.
    Are the attacks of this pokemon released? does this pokemon has attacks which are classified to the ghost type? Could it be that this pokemon is an allusion to a mythic creature with an appearance of Robin Hood?

ReputationRep:
    Are the attacks of this pokemon released? does this pokemon has attacks which are classified to the ghost type? Could it be that this pokemon is an allusion to a mythic creature with an appearance of Robin Hood?
    It has that arrow move (can't remember the name) where it stops an opponent switching out, so basically Mean Look with damage. I'm assuming this is a ghost type move but they haven't actually said so yet.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    It has that arrow move (can't remember the name) where it stops an opponent switching out, so basically Mean Look with damage. I'm assuming this is a ghost type move but they haven't actually said so yet.
    Will have a closer look on Pokémon pages when it is confirmed a bit more than at the moment.

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone seen the leaked stats for the new Pokemon? Everything is so slow omg, competitive play is gonna be trash.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Has anyone seen the leaked stats for the new Pokemon? Everything is so slow omg, competitive play is gonna be trash.
    M8 absorption is gonna be a fun fight:

Spoiler:
    Show

Also wtf is with xurkitree's design.

edit: kk nvm kartana is even worse.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
    Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered gaming threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.