Turn on thread page Beta

How do I break up with someone? watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by welcometoib)
    no thats quite stupid, her life seems fine, she can wait till june, he isnt trying to murder her between now and then so no need to risk it based on how we perceive he will react.
    Sorry but what the heck has murder got to do with this? She said she wants to break up with him, so why draw it out over several months when it's an inevitability? Plus she's said they're drifting apart, she feels like it's a friends with benefits thing rather than a relationship, and he puts in no effort. Why stay for an extra four months?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by georgiaswift)
    Sorry but what the heck has murder got to do with this? She said she wants to break up with him, so why draw it out over several months when it's an inevitability? Plus she's said they're drifting apart, she feels like it's a friends with benefits thing rather than a relationship, and he puts in no effort. Why stay for an extra four months?
    read her op, didnt read further comments. again, she is still happy though, no need to impede a guys potential grades when it can wait till after, especially as she is ok for now. do you not understand why she cant just do it after the important stuff has been done?

ReputationRep:
    read her op, didnt read further comments. again, she is still happy though, no need to impede a guys potential grades when it can wait till after, especially as she is ok for now. do you not understand why she cant just do it after the important stuff has been done?
    Exams aren't until June! It's not going to impact on his grades if she does it now, he'll have four/five months to get over it. If she's talking about how it doesn't feel like a relationship and how she wants to end it, why would you want her to stay with him for four or five months longer?

ReputationRep:
    Exams aren't until June! It's not going to impact on his grades if she does it now, he'll have four/five months to get over it. If she's talking about how it doesn't feel like a relationship and how she wants to end it, why would you want her to stay with him for four or five months longer?
    she said its complicated but she is happy. idk, i wouldnt just be selfish with someone im with, unless abusive or something immediately bad. we can agree to disagree, most people in here agree she should wait

ReputationRep:
    she said its complicated but she is happy. idk, i wouldnt just be selfish with someone im with, unless abusive or something immediately bad. we can agree to disagree, most people in here agree she should wait
    I was going to say the same; we'll have to agree to disagree.

ReputationRep:
    I was going to say the same; we'll have to agree to disagree.
    a semi adequate solution i guess

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 25, 2016
Poll
Which accompaniment is best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.