Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hello, I have just applied for this course at Teesside for the Jan 2017 start. I was wondering if there was anyone that could give me a bit of an insight into the process from here on in, especially from anyone that has started this year, or completed the course recently?

When are interviews typically held, and what sort of questions should I try to prepare for?

Does anyone have any ideas of the typical number of applications they receive vs places offered? I know its pretty competitive!

ReputationRep:
    Hi, I've just applied for this course too! Wondered if you'd heard anything back?

ReputationRep:
    Nope, nothing at all other than the initial automated email saying my application has been submitted.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by strewthruth)
    Hi, I've just applied for this course too! Wondered if you'd heard anything back?
    I applied to this as well, I've had a letter to say that I've got an interview but that they haven't yet set dates. It took quite a while for it to come through!

ReputationRep:
    Well its nearly 2 months now since I applied now so i'm guessing if you have had your letter back about interviews already and I've not heard anything its likely to be a rejection.

ReputationRep:
    I've had an email now to say I have an interview in May :-)

ReputationRep:
    Good work on getting an interview!! Hoping I'll get something back soon :/

ReputationRep:
    I've an interview in May also- wondering if anyone got any insight to whats in the interview or how to prepare?

ReputationRep:
    I have an interview in May too, on the 6th of May! For some of the other courses there is a group interview as well as an individual one but there seems to be no mention of a group one for this course?

ReputationRep:
    When did you all submit your applications? How long did it take for you to hear back about an interview? I've submitted one about 2 weeks ago.

ReputationRep:
    I submitted mine months ago, I'd say in late January/ early February! I got a letter at the end of Feb to say I had an interview but that the date for it hadn't been decided yet, and then I got an email about two weeks ago about the interview date and time!

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 26, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Have you ever participated in a Secret Santa?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.