Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by elenrockx44)
    Looking forward to meeting you guys 😊 And I got my offer on 25th of January. Have you already done accommodations?
    I'll be staying at home and commuting. I can't wait for the course to start!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chloestone)
    I do anatomy and physiology, exercise and mobility, health and safety and physiological disorders just to name a few!
    I live in chesterfield so i really would love to get there as my main one! Do we get to give preferences?
    Sounds very similar to my previous degree module wise. I think I would have preferred college to sixth form too. I believe we get to choose where we'd like to be placed but they allocate us where they can. On another note is it snowing by you right now?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by leos0991)
    Sounds very similar to my previous degree module wise. I think I would have preferred college to sixth form too. I believe we get to choose where we'd like to be placed but they allocate us where they can. On another note is it snowing by you right now?
    Yes it is snowing!!!

ReputationRep:
    Hey chloestone
    Yes I've looked into all of the halls and went on a brief tour. Was really happy to find out if I put on my preference to be grouped up with other mature students they will do there best to accommodate me, heard some great stories from the students doing the tours.

A few have caught my eye, I love how all the halls are around 20 minutes walking distance at the most of the campus. I'm looking at Bramall court, The Forge (higher chance of being with other mature students) and Victoria Hall. I looked into private halls and they look a lot better so I'm still undecided at the moment.

Hello Juan
    Great to see another mature student on the course, I'm sure there will be others, I'm 29 so a bit older haha.

I've have had offers from Leeds, Bradford, Birmingham and Sheffield Hallam. Was between Leeds and Sheffield. So I had tours of all the campuses, and after the tour at Sheffield the other day I've decided to firm Sheffield Hallam.

So I'll be seeing you guys in September!

Last interview for Derby on Tuesday which is my planned insurance choice as I live in Derby, after I get a reply I'll be firming Sheffield.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JimmyBones)
    Great to see another mature student on the course, I'm sure there will be others, I'm 29 so a bit older haha.

I've have had offers from Leeds, Bradford, Birmingham and Sheffield Hallam. Was between Leeds and Sheffield. So I had tours of all the campuses, and after the tour at Sheffield the other day I've decided to firm Sheffield Hallam.

So I'll be seeing you guys in September!

Last interview for Derby on Tuesday which is my planned insurance choice as I live in Derby, after I get a reply I'll be firming Sheffield.
    Fantastic, we shall see you there. It does feel like it's going to be a while but I'm sure time will fly by.

I've been and had my interview at Derby (we all find out towards the end of March) and I've got my interview for Leeds next month. I already know I'm firming SHU however.

ReputationRep:
    How's the week going so far? Good luck with your interview today Jimmy.

ReputationRep:
    How much is the average nhs bursary altogether?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Hi everyone, was thinking we could maybe make a facebook group or chat for all us who have put/putting sheffield as firm so we could get to know eachother a little more before the course. Its also easy to add more people in as we get to know more people. What does everyone think?

ReputationRep:
    Hi everyone, was thinking we could maybe make a facebook group or chat for all us who have put/putting sheffield as firm so we could get to know eachother a little more before the course. Its also easy to add more people in as we get to know more people. What does everyone think?
    Sounds good to me

ReputationRep:
    Sounds good to me
    Group made
    Diagnostic radiography sheffield hallam 2016/2017
    All request to join!

ReputationRep:
    Group made
    Diagnostic radiography sheffield hallam 2016/2017
    All request to join!
    Is there a link? My fb doesn't want to find it

ReputationRep:
    Is there a link? My fb doesn't want to find it
    https://m.facebook.com/groups/1026320894094134

That should be it!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by elenrockx44)
    Hey, I've put Sheffield hallam as my firm choice! Anyone else chosen the course?
    Hi this is a link to our facebook group
    https://m.facebook.com/groups/1026320894094134

ReputationRep:
    Hey everyone I'm starting radiography at Sheffield this Septemeber as well I'm moving over from Northern Ireland so I'm freaking out a bit haha!

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone know what website is good to find out all the information for diagnostic radiography applying in 2017 such as course structure, funding/bursaries, all the things needed for the course, salary etc.
    Thanks
    Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Hi everyone ,
    I'm starting in September at Hallam . So glad I'm not the only mature student on the course

ReputationRep:
    *BUMP*
    •  Official Rep

ReputationRep:
     Official Rep
    (Original post by Reb202)
    Hey everyone I'm starting radiography at Sheffield this Septemeber as well I'm moving over from Northern Ireland so I'm freaking out a bit haha!
    You will love it! We're in a great city where most students stay after they graduate (I did too!)

Laura
    (Official Hallam rep)
    •  Official Rep

ReputationRep:
     Official Rep
    (Original post by moe889)
    Does anyone know what website is good to find out all the information for diagnostic radiography applying in 2017 such as course structure, funding/bursaries, all the things needed for the course, salary etc.
    Thanks
    Posted from TSR Mobile
    Hey,

Take a look at our BSc (Hons) Diagnostic Radiography page in our online prospectus. Then if you have any further questions, let me know and I'll see how I can help

Thanks,
    Laura

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.