Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Statistics watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    hey i am taking my statistics GCSE higher tier on friday and i was wondering if any body has already taken it and can give me sum tips on what to revise!!! please please please help me out i was unable to revise everything so if anybosy took it last year please tell me how it was

pleez
    thanx
    jen

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sweeety15)
    hey i am taking my statistics GCSE higher tier on friday and i was wondering if any body has already taken it and can give me sum tips on what to revise!!! please please please help me out i was unable to revise everything so if anybosy took it last year please tell me how it was

pleez
    thanx
    jen
    yeah
    http://www.aqa.org.uk/qual/pdf/AQA3311WSP.pdf
    this might help u

I dunno, i did this ages ago now it seems, though it was really only just over year ago. Try revising the following mainly;

Standard deviation, it's the spread of data
    Histograms, this is the area
    Cumulative frequency
    Box and whisker (usually related to cumulative freq)
    Binomial
    Probability, tree diagrams
    Sampling
    Normal distribution

I think that's just about all of it, don't worry you'll be fine, it's next year when you have two terms to do 75% of the work you'll be scared, not having a year to learn the easiest 25%.

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.