Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    There is a new specification for Mathematics GCSE, it will be coming in next year. The only difference between the new spec and the old one is that the new spec has more wordy questions in there, they are not straightforward. For example currently it is like this: 'Solve this simultaneous equation......' But the new spec would be something like this: 'Adult tickets cost £[something] and children's tickets cost £[something] work out how much do [something] tickets cost...' ~ but yes a bit harder and less obvious. Go on this link: http://qualifications.pearson.com/co...-%20final).pdfor this one:

http://qualifications.pearson.com/co...cification.pdf

for more information and example questions (in the first link)

A THING YOU NEED TO KNOW - my school would encourage top set students to do their GCSE earlier, so I did it in 2014 when I was in year 8! I am still in top set I got a really bad mark (A(a) <- so the top A) I am in year 9 so I will be doing my IGCSE this year, my teacher told me about the new spec so I must get a 9 (see later on 9 is the top level in the new spec) So yea...

Anyway, everyone will be sitting this new spec from next year and here are some important changes made to it and some other things:
    - The Formulae Sheet only has a few formulae
    - There might be more topics added in the course
    - The time given for the test will be increased
    - Change in the grading system: before A*-G now 1-9 (extra level added)
    - This will be the last year of IGCSE

So in the old spec GCSE if you got an A then you are level 7 and if A* then an 8, that's what my teacher told me.

(ONLY FOR STUDENTS WHO HAVE DONE THE GCSE IN 2014 OR THE ONES DOING IT NOW IN 2016) Also, my teacher told me that the mark you get for the new spec GCSE could be on your CV if you get a higher mark than the one you got in the old spec if you didn't then you will have to use the one that you did in the old spec. ~ guys can you too please ask your teacher about this?

Make sure that you know this is you are doing the GCSE in 2016. We might do this in year 10!

TELL OTHERS ABOUT THIS!
    ASK QUESTIONS BELOW!
    \/ \/ \/ \/ \/ \/ \/ \/ \/ \/ \/ \/ \/ \/

ReputationRep:
    Also, i heard that there will be 3 papers, instead of 2. There will be 2 calculators and 1 non-calculator paper. Is it really true you are given the equation sheet, I am in set 1 for math and my math teacher that there may not be the equation sheet.*sigh* Everything is getting more and more difficult, I fear for the younger generation. In English literature, i have to remember the quotes for the poetry myself.

ReputationRep:
    Hey does anyone have the 2015 maths non calculator GCSE markscheme?

Thanks

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pink2000)
    Hey does anyone have the 2015 maths non calculator GCSE markscheme?

Thanks

Posted from TSR Mobile
    what month? june?

ReputationRep:
    Yeah x

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sasha Limbu)
    Also, i heard that there will be 3 papers, instead of 2. There will be 2 calculators and 1 non-calculator paper. Is it really true you are given the equation sheet, I am in set 1 for math and my math teacher that there may not be the equation sheet.*sigh* Everything is getting more and more difficult, I fear for the younger generation. In English literature, i have to remember the quotes for the poetry myself.
    we aren't given the equation sheet

ReputationRep:
    can you please suggest a book I can buy

ReputationRep:
    I feel so bad for younger years, thank God I did maths this year

Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.